Acer Battery/Charging Problem

Options
drekryan
drekryan Member Posts: 2 New User

I have a Acer Laptop which works fine when plugged in. The laptop is not new. As soon as I unplug the AC Adapter the laptop dies. Windows says "Plugged in, not charging". It also says that there is "no battery detected" but i know for sure theres a battery in there. The charging indicator light on the laptop also flashes orange. I know the problem is not the AC Adapter as that is brand new. Any ideas on what the problem could be?

Best Answer

• Vince53
    Vince53 Member Posts: 805 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Options

Derrick, I think you know that your battery is probably in Heaven with my beloved old Toshiba laptop. But there's a few unsuccessful tricks you can try.

1) Reboot the battery. Turn off your laptop, unplug it, and remove the battery. Plug the laptop in and restart, then turn it off and unplug it. Re-install the battery, plug in the laptop, and see what happens.

2) Go through Control Panel, System, and Hardware Devices. Find Battery and see if anything looks wrong. Before you change anything, make a restore point.

But Derrick, even the people who posted those suggestions said that the battery has died.

Answers

• Vince53
    Vince53 Member Posts: 805 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Options

Derrick, I think you know that your battery is probably in Heaven with my beloved old Toshiba laptop. But there's a few unsuccessful tricks you can try.

1) Reboot the battery. Turn off your laptop, unplug it, and remove the battery. Plug the laptop in and restart, then turn it off and unplug it. Re-install the battery, plug in the laptop, and see what happens.

2) Go through Control Panel, System, and Hardware Devices. Find Battery and see if anything looks wrong. Before you change anything, make a restore point.

But Derrick, even the people who posted those suggestions said that the battery has died.

• drekryan
    drekryan Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Replacing the battery has corrected the issue. Thanks!

• actualize
    actualize Member Posts: 12 New User
    Options

I have a similar issue but more frustrating.  My M5-581T states " battery not detected"  most times when the unit awakes from sleep mode and then minutes or hours later it will be detected.  Once detected I can unplug AC and be OK.  If I awake from sleep witout AC there is no power.

I also see near daily events where I close the lid to take the laptop from/to work and the system goes to sleep/hibernate. But when I open the lid and wake it back up the system actually turns on from a fresh hard reboot.  

For the times I do successfully open the laptop without it rebooting (AC plugged in)  then it can NOT detect any WIFI which means I have to shut down and reboot. 

Is this a bad battery or a bios/driver problem or possessed my my old Dell laptop?

WiFi  - Qualcomm Atheros driver 3.0.1.155

Bios version - Acer V2.09, 1/17/2013

OS - Microsoft Win 8.1  6.3.9600 Build 9600

Please Help.

• abelee
    abelee Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I just bought an Acer tablet Aspire One.  When I plug in the cord to the tablet, sometimes the charging light does not come on.  I have to jiggle the cord that goes into the tablet to make the light come on which I assume is charging the tablet.  Anyone have issues with the charging light not coming on or it goes on and off if I move the wire a little.  

This discussion has been closed.