Acer E2 Duo (V370) SIM Data connection

Options
Belar43
Belar43 Member Posts: 16 New User

When I try to switch SIM-card (in settings) for data connection to SIM2 it always pops back to SIM1 after a while. I have tried to repower also but it does not help. The only way to make it happen is to physically switch the SIM-card so that the data connection SIM is in slot one. A bug?

Answers

• c00l
    c00l Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options

Did this ever worked for you?

I have a brand new device and data connection never worked on my SIM (while it does in other device). Physicaly swapping the SIMs not help either. Does this problem have something to do with roaming? My prvider is using another providers network, but I did allow data roaming, still no connection.

Anybody could fix such an issue?

Many thanks!

• vip365
    vip365 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    I use two THREE 3G SIMs in this phone, but only one SIM receiving signal, two SIMs never receiving signals together. If someone try to call me on the SIM which can not receiving signal, it would be told "connection is unavailable". So this phone s problem is that it does not work for two 3G SIM cards, even does not work when you put in one 3G SIM card, another one 2G SIM card, maybe it only works for two 2G SIM cards, if so, this phone is completely a rubbish to named as dual SIM phone because all SIMs are 3G.
  • vip365
    vip365 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    Really need to get a refund for this phone as it can not work for two 3G SIMs, it is completely useless for me, just waste £210.
  • photo_dalo
    photo_dalo Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

No problems here. I can use data 3G on both SIMs , alternately (not at the same time) , and no unwanted switching.

• c00l
    Options

Which country are you using it? I'm in Norway with a norwegian and a hungarian, but of course the norwegian I want my mobile data to function...found no cure so far, I got suggestion to reset the phone, but reset boot menu is in unknown language...

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

Please post your SIM network provider.

did you enabled data connection on E2?

did you have mobile data connection enabled on your SIM contract?

BTW E2 can use two 3G network SIM but the one not used as "data connection" work only on 2G, some providers works native only on 3G (example H3G IT works on 2G onlyi n roaming using TIM IT network)

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • c00l
    Options

My network provider is telenor, but my SIM contract (which includes 150MB free mobile data) is at OneCall.

I enabled data connection and even roaming (since it is recognized as such on telenor's network).

I think both my SIM cards are "old enough" to be 2G only...could that be the problem? Shall I request new SIM cards from my provider?

• IronFly
    Options

It's better if you ask to your provider a newer SIM card, older SIM cards can have some compatibility issues.

the SIM card used as data connection on S1 can be 2G only but you will notice very slow connection and E2 works very well under 3G/H/H+ connections.

notice that 150MB of mobile data is too tight (if you use FB, emails, google play), a 2GB/month cam be a good choice.

EDIT: check if a SIM is enabled as DATA CONNECTION:

go to system settings -> SIM management -> Data connection

choose the SIM with data connection.

under SIM Management go to 3G Service and check if the SIM with data connection appears, if not.....need to upgrade your service or SIM card.

• c00l
    Options

Turns out that my SIM is 3G. What I needed to do to get it work is:

1.settings|more...|mobile networks|access point names

2. chose SIM and create APN manually (received necessary info from provider)

So now I'm happy! Hope this is helpful for you guys still habing trouble.

Good luck!

• IronFly
    Options

Can you post the provider name and the APN settings?

you can take a screenshot (power button + Volume down) about the APN settings and upload it.

• c00l
    Options
    This screenshot button combo doesn't work on mine.
    Here is a link I used as referenc to set up a new APN.
    http://www.onecall.no/kundeservice/oppsett-android.php
    Hope it works.
  • IronFly
    Options

it's ok, thanks.

This discussion has been closed.