Upgrading my Aspire One 532h 2588 to the max

Options
kaed
kaed Member Posts: 2 New User

Hey guys,

I have an Acer Apire One 532h 2588 that I'm looking to upgrade as much as I possibly can because I think it is awesome still and don't want to have to buy a new faster netbook.  I'm willing to update everything inside of it (RAM, PCI, motherboard, chipset, wifi module, etc) but I don't know what I should get.  So do you guys have any recommendations for parts?

Also, I know there's a 2gb ram upgrade available but is there any possibility that I could get a 4gb upgrade?  btw I've taken my netbook completely apart many times before so I'm comfortable with making almost any change needed to increase its performance.  Thanks guys!

Answers

• kaed
    kaed Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

No one can help me here?

• Leho
    Leho Member Posts: 525 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Options

Kaed  [ le pothole ]Smiley Wink

As a hobby and learning experience what you propose would likely be fun for you.  If that is the sort of thing that you enjoy, by all means proceed.

For a practical computer user, like myself, if I needed significantly better performance I would just buy a new computer.  I see this course as a large saving in time and a lot less hassle.

I expect that there are users on this forum who would show some interest in your project.  Let us know your progress and success of your performance enhancements.

Leho

• DEM
    DEM Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Dear Kaed,

Hi. What was your experience upgrading the ram? Did you go to 4gb? Successfully?

Our family just inherited an Acer One Aspire same model, and I want to upgrade the memory so my daughter can use it for school, and I have the same question. (The netbook currently has 1gb ram).

• kiwi
    kiwi Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

RAM to 2GB

Upgrade hard driveto SSD

We also upgraded Windows 7 to 64bit Ultimate

Fast for us.

Works well. Used on recent trip to Germany. Booked our train trips and confirmed various hotel bookings.

Watch FULL Formula ! on web - fibre optics Intrernet connection in small town on th eRhine!!! Wow.

Makes North America seem backward.

Mike

This discussion has been closed.