Acer Nitro AN517-51 battery not charging

caranorn
caranorn Member Beiträge: 1 New User
bearbeitet April 2023 in 2020 Archiv
Hello,

I noticed yesterday that my Acer Nitro's battery is not charging when plugged in. At least not as it should. When I noticed this problem yesterday the battery icon on the taskbar showed "14% available (plugged in)". As I was fiddling around a bit after reading some online advice I still had the same message, but due to not being plugged in I was down to 8% and getting the low on power message. This morning I notice that it's now seemingly at 10%, so it must have charged a bit overnight. While plugged in it runs without a problem.

I tried removing the power cord from the wall plug, changing wall plugs, pulling the cord from the laptop, shutting down the laptop, restarting the laptop etc.

Right now I've removed the plug again to see how the charge goes down and whether it might change a bit later. Right now it's showing "13 min (8%) remaining". I intentionally set to best performance to drain the battery faster for this test. Wow, this time the laptop went to sleep right-away when it reached 5% without any message that the battery was running low. Now it's been back on the plug for half an hour and it stays at 5%.

I am running Windows 10, freshly updated two days ago, but I have no reason to believe that this problem is new, I just always ran the laptop plugged in.

Marc