Acer H6535i Projector - DLNA

avtov
avtov Member Beiträge: 2 New User
bearbeitet April 2023 in 2019 Archiv
Hello,

Please forgive me for writing in English. I have a wired DLNA media server which I would like to connect to my Acer H6535i projector with an Ethernet cable. The Acer projector is being recognized by the server and I have granted permission for viewing content in the media server. However, when trying to connect the Acer projector to the media server, DLNA is not proposed as a source in the media gallery. What am I doing wrong? I am following the Acer Projector Gateway manual. Do I need a firmware upgrade? Otherwise I am quite pleased with this projector.

Antworten

• Cyriix
    Cyriix ACE Beiträge: 4,665 Pathfinder
    Moinsen avtov,

per Ethernet geht Bild Übertragung nach meinem Wissen nur beim P6600. (bei den High End Projektoren also).
    Ansonsten nur über Wireless Optionen wie MWA und UWA.

Es gibt sonst auch Adapter von Ethernet auf HDMI. Aber ob es damit klappt kann .... ka.

Mfg,
    Cyriix
  • avtov
    avtov Member Beiträge: 2 New User
    Dear Cyriix,

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply to my inquiry.

Your email confirms my fears that DLNA is not (yet?)  available as a source. According to the manual a DLNA client has been integrated in the firmware. But may be is not (yet?) available through the menu? I will probably have to wait for a firmware upgrade activating the DLNA client in the media gallery. In the meantime I will use either a Raspberry Pi 2B or an Odroid 2C as an "Ethernet to HDMI adapter". That should certainly not pose any problems but I have to check compatible HDMI resolution and frequencies.

May be there are other people who have tried to make this work? Thank you all for your help!

Avtov