"No bootable device. Hit any key." message at startup. How can I get my operating system back?

hgerhard
hgerhard Member Posts: 1 New User

The problem occurred as I was downloading a Windows update.  Power ran out on the laptop while downloading.  I can't think of how to proceed from here, does anyone have any ideas?

Answers

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder

You can check out this website or google or youtube and Acer has a whole bunch of videos that show you the different ways to get your computer going again.

You didn't say which computer you have or which operating system.

Some of the methods to fix your computer are non-destructive (you won't lose anything), while others are destructive.  So you'd probably want to start with the non-destructive methods first.

Just google "Acer recovery".

You can start by trying the advanced options and look for the method that allows you to use a system restore point (assuming you had system restore enabled on your computer).

http://acer--uk.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/35231/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNDMzNjI5ODE0L3NpZC85Snp1UmVvbQ%3D%3D

Edit: The procedure is slightly different depending on whether you have a desktop or a laptop, so you might have to do a little googling to find the method that is appropriate for your computer or operating system.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • ar
    ar Member Posts: 3 New User

Sir I format the harddisk on other computer and it's successfully. when I get it back on other one its dosn't work the error was show.

please fix sir. i already try your sugestion Sir but the recovery files was remove