Is the Dummy Form Shutdown Message a Virus

Mplsmew
Mplsmew Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

Could someone clarify whether seeing this message indicates a virus or a glitch in the Acer Instant Update Service.

Answers

• Hi,

Can you give more input or if possibe screen shots
  • Mplsmew

Sorry, I have no screen shots.  There is a similar post that about the Acer not being able to shutdown due to an app being open. It was called 'dummy form'.  The person called it a virus.  Therefore, I was curious to know whether it was a virus or a problem with the Acer shutting down properly.  I am not sure when it started to happen, but all too frequently my Acer Aspire will mention an app is still open when I have selected to shutdown. Typically, it was 'google drive, but when it mentioned 'dummy form' I became concerned.   That is when I check the web and saw some mention of a virus.  

My last shutdown mentioned 'comment card mozilla'.

Today, I logged into Mozilla and it mentioned it was having difficulty opening its tabs and Acer Community and 'Comment Card where listed.

It is unclear to me why my pc will not shutdown all its applications properly and whether I must perform some task to fix it.

Please advise whether 1) it is a virus and how to fix 2) it is an Acer issue and Acer is fixing it or 3) the tasks I must perform to remedy it.

• Mplsmew
    Does anyone have a resolution or comment to assist me?
  • lau444
    lau444 Member Posts: 1 New User

Any update on this? still getting this message when I shut down my computer