I got error code 0xc0000225, however my computer got "fixed" by Acer a month ago

alicecnielsen
alicecnielsen Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives
After being shut down normally and then turned on later, my computer has not left the Automatic Repair cycle. It goes from Automatic Repair to Diagnosing Your PC (and coming up with a disk drive issue)to Attempting Repair, to never be repaired. One of my friends, however, got to a recovery screen which informed us of the error code.

Now all I need is some kind of recovery tools on my installation media, however
1. My Acer Apsire V5 did not come with anything of the sort.
2. Acer had "fixed/wiped" my computer just ONE MONTH AGO. And now that my computer is broken again, for the second time in 2 months, there is no way for me to get it fixed.

If there is any way to get my warranty renewed or to call Acer to get advice without having to pay right away, any answers will be appreciated.

Answers

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator

I have sent a private message requesting some additional details about your repair.

• syd
    syd Member Posts: 2 New User

I have the same exact problem.  Hopefully someone has some suggestions?

• Jonatan1
    Jonatan1 Member Posts: 1 New User

I have the same problem.

aspire F15

anyone knows what to do?

dont want to wipe all if possible

• doughjohn
    doughjohn Member Posts: 353 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

Hi

Dont fully understand the fault, but it does seem to be a booting thing.

You can still get a Vista "OS" from Microsoft and perhaps you can create a repair disk from that.

microsoft  dot  com      /en-us/   download/details.aspx?id=13158

If you can successfully download the .iso, then it should expand onto a DVD or USB stick.

Then it is a matter of making your machine load/boot from that newly created media.

Obviously it wont have specific Acer stuff, like drivers, on it and you may want to find/source those first and keep separately.

NeoSmart seem to know a lot about the error--  neosmart  dot  net  /wiki/0xc0000225/

If in doubt please ask.