Aspire P3 how to copy my 2 Recovery Disc to a USB FLASH STICK.

Media1
Media1 Member Posts: 3 New User

Hello! I have an Aspire P3 and have copied my 2 Recovery Disc to a USB FLASH STICK. When i try to restore
using the copied DVD files on USB Flash it gets to 98% complete and ask for to put the Recovery Disk 2 in the optical drive and click ok. Why? I have both DVD recoevery disk on the flash drive. Is there a file missing for USB Recovery ?

Answers

• Clyde
    Clyde Member, Knowledge Author Posts: 420 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

My guess is that the recovery disks are designed to be used independently, and the flash drive doesn't know the right file location for the 2nd disk. Not sure how you would fix that. You may have to try to get an optical drive to connect and recover the system.

• Media1
    Media1 Member Posts: 3 New User

I have been trying for weeks now to restore my Acer Aspire P3 (WHICH DOES NOT HAVE A DVD PLAYER) using the Recovery DVD's that came with the Aspire P3 I have copied both DVD's and put them on a 16gb USB I have..

- combined the 2 DVD's

- made an ISO Image

- Burn the ISO Image to USB

THIS PROCESS WOULD STOP AT 98% AND ASK FOR DISK 2, (EVEN THOUGH IT COPIED ALL THE FILES)

So i was told that some editing needed to be done the Restore.dat file on disk 1. I have edited the Restore.dat from.....

Guid=651cce8d-95bf-4ecc-abdb-e83838d14ff2
    Source=FD_Info
    [Action]
    DirectRestore=No
    [DiscType]
    IsUser=1
    [TotalDisc]
    DiscNumber=1
    [DiscKind]
    DiscKind=3
    [ToolDisc]
    ToolDiscEnd=1
    [ImageDisc]
    ImageDiscEnd=0
    TotalImgCount=182
    CurrentDiscImgCount=141
    [PatchDisc]
    PatchDiscEnd=1024
    Exist=1

to.....................

[eRecovery]
    Guid=651cce8d-95bf-4ecc-abdb-e83838d14ff2
    Source=FD_Info
    [Action]
    DirectRestore=No
    [DiscType]
    IsUser=1
    [TotalDisc]
    DiscNumber=1
    [DiscKind]
    DiscKind=3
    [ToolDisc]
    ToolDiscEnd=1024
    [ImageDisc]
    ImageDiscEnd=1
    TotalImgCount=182
    CurrentDiscImgCount=182
    [PatchDisc]
    PatchDiscEnd=1024
    Exist=1

@ ...... So i thought NO! the edits did elimnate the request for DVD 2 and loads all the files but brings me to an error screen which says.."Restore Failed - Can not find Image path C:\IMAGES_TMP_DIR\Install.wim"

So close!! I do not know why I get this error? Can someone please Advise

Thanks 

( ACER, llc!! AND ANYONE THAT IS EMPLOYED BY ACER CAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME AND WHY WOULD PROVIDE RECOVERY DVD'S WITH COMPUTERS THAT DO NOT HAVE CD/DVD PLAYERS)

• binzidd
    binzidd Member Posts: 1 New User

I am struck .. with the same problem .. can any one help ?