Acer Aspire 8943G Touchpad not working, Updated driver is installed

bigbear639
bigbear639 Member Posts: 33 New User

I have instaled and uninstaled a dozen times, used system restore and can not get the touchpad to work Acer Aspire 8943G, please can any one help?

Best Answer

• bigbear639
    Answer ✓

Something weird happened. It would not work no matter what I tried. I was watching a movie on KODI formerly XBMC. I accidently touched the Keypad and the Mouse moved. I pressed the Video button and it lit up. Only thing that I can figure out is that it took several hours for the driver update to work or that the Video triggered the Touchpad.

I had uninstalled and deleted every instance of the driver including the Backup System Reserved created by a MS Tech, when my Windows Ultimate became corrupted. Initialy it had Win-7 Home Premium and when it would not install IE10 at the time MS gave me a free upgrade to Ultimate.Even then it took a week to finally get IE10 installed because the Computer Lacked Service pack1. Kudos to the MS Techs, they called me numerous times and worked on my computer. The spoke excellent English and are based in India. Laptop was out of warranty and Acer pretty much said tough luck, you gotta pay. MS did not charge me one cent.

Answers

• bigbear639
    Answer ✓

Something weird happened. It would not work no matter what I tried. I was watching a movie on KODI formerly XBMC. I accidently touched the Keypad and the Mouse moved. I pressed the Video button and it lit up. Only thing that I can figure out is that it took several hours for the driver update to work or that the Video triggered the Touchpad.

I had uninstalled and deleted every instance of the driver including the Backup System Reserved created by a MS Tech, when my Windows Ultimate became corrupted. Initialy it had Win-7 Home Premium and when it would not install IE10 at the time MS gave me a free upgrade to Ultimate.Even then it took a week to finally get IE10 installed because the Computer Lacked Service pack1. Kudos to the MS Techs, they called me numerous times and worked on my computer. The spoke excellent English and are based in India. Laptop was out of warranty and Acer pretty much said tough luck, you gotta pay. MS did not charge me one cent.