w700p and windows 10 creators update issues

StoneRyno
StoneRyno Member Posts: 39 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Upon completion of the update I'm having the same problems others are reporting for a range of devices/PCs and hardware brands. But searching for a working solution has come up with nothing so far so I'm hoping Acer staff or anyone on top of these issues has working solutions.

First issue is intel HD graphics 4000 drivers fail (code 43) and windows reverts to using some piece of junk basic driver that has no manual brighness control. Intel says the latest driver version 10.18.10.4425 is compatible with the creators update but since this is a clean install of that driver version they obviously are mistaken.

Second issue WiFi disconnects when sleeps/hibernates, either from the power setting being ignored and WiFi is powered off or something else. It does not reconnect to the network again and I have to select the network and choose connect every time I press the power button. Previous behavior was it always stays connected because power settings are set to maximum performance for all power profiles for both on battery and plugged in options.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

Best Answer

• StoneRyno
    Answer ✓

I ended up with a big problem that required using the reset recovery option. Which reinstalls windows but keep your personal files. As a result of the reset both issues I described in starting this thread are fixed. So for anyone having these issues if all else comes up empty try a reset.

Answers

• zen77
    zen77 Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem, and after install the Intel latest driver, up to 3 older drivers, the acer original drivers, etc, I was not able to launch the Intel display and always obtainig the same code 43. So at the moment I think I am going to return to the previous windows version, I don´t see more options at the moment.

• StoneRyno
    Answer ✓

I ended up with a big problem that required using the reset recovery option. Which reinstalls windows but keep your personal files. As a result of the reset both issues I described in starting this thread are fixed. So for anyone having these issues if all else comes up empty try a reset.

• zen77
    zen77 Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi again,

Thanks, I will try the option you mention. I tried the undo install option but my older windows 10 files were missing, most probably due to space shortage, so It was not an option for me at the end.

Thanks again.

• robertkjr3d2
    robertkjr3d2 Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited December 2017
    But then it still demands you re-update to the Satan's... oh I mean 'Creators Update'.
    See: community.acer.com/en/discussion/515472/windows-10-creators-update-does-not-support-acer-w700-intel-graphics-driver
    My way out was to upgrade to Windows-Pro, but that may not be a way out for many.