acer switch 10 does not have screen orientation auto rotate?

Options
mp5802
mp5802 Member Posts: 2 New User

OK, I finally got around to trying out my Acer Switch 10 as a tablet and found out that the screen does not auto rotate. Is this correct? All the other Windows tablets I've seen have a setting to enable/disable auto rotation. I looked at the display settings and the checkbox does not exist to enable auto rotation. 

Is there a work around for this. I will find it irritation to have to manually set the screen orientation each time. Thanks!

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

I'm on a Switch right now and the screen auto-rotate is working fine. Any chance you have it turned off? It's possible you have a hardware issue with the sensors though, that would likely give you the 'no option' symptom since broken hardware isn't detected as working...

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • mp5802
    mp5802 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Thanks for letting me know that the switch 10 does have display auto-rotation. 

The only thing I could think of was that I did update the bios to 1.06. So, I rebooted into the bios and looked for any setting regarding the display - nothing. Here's the weird part. I booted back up and looked again at the settings on the right menu. Now, the simple brightness icon (had a typical sun-like icon) that was there befoe has changed to the display icon (looks like a monitor). When I open the display icon now, I do find that I can lock/unlock auto-rotation in this setting. I still don't have a checkbox for this in the Win8 display resolution dialog box as I've seen in other solutions given.

Weird. Anyway, my auto-rotation is now working. Cool.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

Kewl. Smiley Happy

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
This discussion has been closed.