acer iconia w700 slow on internet

henrikhyldgaard
henrikhyldgaard Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi my acer iconia W700 just suddenly goes slow when i surf on the internet.

I have tried some anti virus programs but they never find anything usefull.

Please help me i really need need it (and thanks Smiley Very Happy)

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer

So first test is to verify it really is slow... Go to an internet speedtest site (such as www.speedtest.net) and see what speed you get. Then compare that to another computer on the same router. Report back with the numbers...

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • henrikhyldgaard

On my Iconia W700 the interet is 1/1.3 and on my pc it is 6.4/1.6

And sometimes i lose my conection on my acer iconia W700 

• billsey

So that sounds to me like it's probably the WiFi connection. Is the PC connected wirelessly too, or does it have an ethernet cable?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • henrikhyldgaard

The first time i tried the test my pc was on the cable but now i tried another pc (next to the tablet) and it is still 6/1 on my pc with wifi. And my Iconia W700 is still 1/1.

• billsey

OK, I'd guess at this point that there is a problem with the antenna inside your W700. It proabaly not solidly connected to the WiFi card. I've heard from several people who have had loose antenna connections whih can affect WiFi performance. If you are still under warranty contact Acer Support and be specific that the Wifi isn't working well. if you are out of warranty then Google the issue and you'll find tutorials on taking it apart (or research local technicians).

This discussion has been closed.