Where is product key for office 20013 ?

Ethos
Ethos Member Posts: 160 Troubleshooter

Hello

I have purchased Iconia W700P and there is office 2013 installed.. 

Where i can find product key ? 

thnx

Best Answer

• Ethos
    Answer ✓

no no they never been equipped with win 7 .. they ar not so old these devices ..

Answers

• majmac
    majmac Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

It is a trial/demo version. You will gat a key if you purchase a subscription.

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder

The W3 comes with a full vesion of office (Word,Excel, & PowerPoint) and includes the key on a seperate card.

• majmac
    majmac Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

The OP was asking about the W700. Nothing to do with the Win RT OS, but the full Win 8 OS. Also, the proper Office 2013 comes with Outlook, Publisher and Access, unlike the curated version on Win RT.
  • kekinash
    kekinash Member Posts: 3 New User

The W3 runs the full windows x86 8 version, the office suite included is the full (not demo) version of Microsoft Office 2013 Home & Srudent. The key used is the same as the OS included. Just for you info from a W3 owner.

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder

Yes, to my knowlege all Acer Iconia "W" prefixed devices are full Windows. The W500 and W700 came with Windows 7 but are able to host Windows 8. The W510 and W3 can only use Windows 8 assumably because of power management issues. (not saying they can't load other OSs, just best have a cool-pack on the back).

Many "W" machines came with trial versions of Microsoft Office but the W3 came with a fully licensed version (key was on a seperate card and had to be entered on first use). The version included was "Home and Student" which includes only WORD, Excel, OneNote, and PowerPoint. To see what is included in different versions and retail pricing see http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/buy/compare-microsoft-office-products-FX102898564.aspx.

Every now and again Microsoft seriously misjudges the market (DOS 4.0, ME, Vista, RT, 365) but on the whole they do things well (have just about every mass market opertating system here, many in multiple versions, but for eveyday use I prefer Windows).

ps to get Outlook (or Lync) you need a business version but my favorite is Eudora anyway.

• Ethos

man w700p comes with proper windows 8 pro ! never been any other

• Ethos
    Answer ✓

no no they never been equipped with win 7 .. they ar not so old these devices ..

This discussion has been closed.