W700 won't swtich on or do anything

Options
SwanleyYC
SwanleyYC Member Posts: 1 New User

I have an Iconia W700 tablet which is a work tablet.  I work for KCC and the tablet was given to the youth centre for us to trial it.  I bought the tablet home to try and work out how to use it.  I got fed up of the McAffee flashing at me and as the tablet is over a year old McAffee was trying to get me to buy new software.  I don't have a purchase card so decided to try and download AVG which is free.  As I hit the download button the screen went blank and nothing was happening on the tablet.  I pressed the power button for 5 seconds to see if it would switch the tablet off for me to turn it back on again.  This didn't work.  I then pressed the power button and the volume + button and the tablet came back on.  It said there was a problem switching off and that it was looking for a solution.  Then it was just a circle turning round and round.  I went to eat my dinner and the tablet is completely dead.  It won't switch on or do anything.

I can't go into work saying I broke the tablet, anyone have any suggestions as to how I can get it to work.  I've tried a paperclip in the reset button but that hasn't worked.  Also for work purposes it has some software loaded onto it, so I feel loathed to restore factory settings as the machine had to be sent away for the software to be loaded on.

I don't have a dvd drive with USB attachment to be able to use the recovery disks so any suggestions on how to fix this will be much appreciated.

Answers

• Ryanrr
    Ryanrr Member Posts: 831 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

SwanleyYC,

Sorry to hear that you took the unit home and now it is no longer booting to Windows. When you said it won't switch on or do anything, are you saying that you don't get a display or power light? Or do you mean it will not boot to Windows?

If you get the Acer logo and it still powers on, then you would have to restore the computer to factory defaults using the recovery media. I understand you mentioned you don't have access to an external USB drive, however that is the only way to recovery the operating system at this point.

• smo19
    smo19 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I have the same problem with my W700. The screen suddenly went blank. I pressed the power button on but the screen is blank, no display. I tried to leave it off for a few minutes but when I turn it on there's still no display.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

If you believe it's still running behind that blank screen, it might have switched itself to projector only display mode. If you have the keyboard/case model Fn-E switches you back...

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
This discussion has been closed.