W700 Bluetooth problem

Options
robgreen
robgreen Member Posts: 2 New User

I have an 8 month old Icona W700 which I coupled to an LG soundbar to play music.

It worked well for a time but now the w700 won't connect properly.  I get a 'paired' message on the soundbar but the W700 shows 'Connecting' then after a minute disconnects.  Other bluetooth features on the W700 (keyboard,mouse) work and I can successfully play music on the soundbar via bluetooth from ipods.

I have tried removing and adding the soundbar on the bluetooth app on the w700 several times with no success.  I have tried updating the bluetooth driver but the app says that I have the latest driver.

Before I fully re-install the software on the W700 can anyone help me?

thanks

Rob

Answers

• deeperblue
    deeperblue Member Posts: 22 New User
    Options

Don't try to update, remove the bluetooth drivers and then update from Acers support site drivers page. This should fix the bluetooth issues if the hardware is ok.

Re-installing is worth while if you feel you need a refresh but as Windows 8.1 is coming out in a week that it would be a good time to refresh your system. The first thing I did was to work out how to re-install my tablet as it's not as easy as other computers due to being given dvd's to re-install without a dvd drive on the tablet. I bought a usb dvd drive as well as downloaded a (correct) copy of Windows8 and used a usb stick to re-install as well. The dvd drive option is easier and returns the software to the original tablet setup. The Windows 8.1 update will install over your current system but the non Windows 8 apps will be removed and will need to be re-installed also. Remember to back up everything.

• robgreen
    robgreen Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Thanks for the information.  I messed up the first attempt at installing the drivers so I did a full recovery.

To my surprise the Soundbar still didn't work.  I downloaded the atheros bt driver again (8.0.0000.0126).  I used device manager to update the LG soundbar driver but this didn't work.  Do I have to update other bluetooth items in device manager?  Do I need to deinstall the bluetooth drivers in device manager first?

If I simply tried to update drivers via an internet search the systems tells me that the latest drivers are installed properly (I pointed to the downloaded & extracted drivers on the ssd when updating the LG driver)

thanks again

Rob

This discussion has been closed.