W700 Bluetooth problem W700

Options
Thatgrass
Thatgrass Member Posts: 13 New User

Hello,

I received my Acer Iconia W700 3 weeks ago. Till now, the bluetooth was working perfectly, but since I turned my tablet in Airplane mode, the bluetooth stopped working. Everytime I enable it, it loads and then turns off again before it's actually on.

Can someone help me fix this? Without the bluetooth keyboard, this tablet is useless as desktop...

Thanks for your help already!

Thatgrass.

Answers

• fakenoob
    fakenoob Member Posts: 8 New User
    Options

go to device manager and see if any device is disabled. while turing on the airplane mode windows seems to disable wifi and bluetooth devices. if bluetooth device is disabled from there. go and enable it ..then u r good to go..

• Thatgrass
    Options

Thats the point, when I switch wifi on, it works, but when i swith bluetooth on, it turns right back off... any solutions for that?

• fakenoob
    Options

nothing i know of yet

• fakenoob
    Options

i was wondering why do u need to turn on airplane mode or turn off wifi and bluetooth so often

• Thatgrass
    Options

Not so often, just one time, but after that it didn't work..

• 1stTimeAcer
    1stTimeAcer Member Posts: 96 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options

I had the same problem once. It can be solved by uninstalling and reinstalling the bluetooth driver.

• Thatgrass
    Options

Where can I uninstall the drivers and how to reinstall?

• fakenoob
    Options

from device manager. uninstall the driver and install it again pointing it to the downloaded driver folder.

• Thatgrass
    Options
    Van you before specific? I have no idea how to do this..
  • Happyboy
    Happyboy Member Posts: 25 Troubleshooter
    Options

Go to desktop and in the charm hit settings and then control panel. In control panel hit device manager. In Device manager unistall the bluetooth devices. Restarting your computer now should automatically fix the issue. If not, post back.

• Thatgrass
    Options

WORKS! Thank you very much!

• IamAnn
    IamAnn Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

FWIW, I had exactly the same problem. . . . I did a refresh of the operating system and it fixed the problem, but uninstalling the driver and restarting the device is probably easier and quicker.  Thanks for having an answer. Smiley Happy

Ann

• son75
    son75 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Hi there,  got my W700 3 for Xmas and have the exact same problem after putting it on flight mode.  I've tried your ideas and none have worked.  It wont allow me to uninstall the bluetooth devices or refresh the system.  Do you have any other ideas?  The tablet was purchased in Australia and I'm livig in Jakarta Indonesia and I wont be back in Australia for some time. ????   Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• zen
    zen Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Hi there,

I had the same problem after turn on airplane mode, and after try all, just by pressing the reset button in the bottom of the tablet with a clip and all the hardware worked again well.

Hope this help

This discussion has been closed.