Recover W700 back to factory settings

Options
Michael_LV
Michael_LV Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hi guys,

I had bought W700 for quite sometime but recently the space (at localdisk c) keep on running out like there is certain virus occupying the space. I keep on deleting some files but it does not work. I could not launch the antivirus at all.

If i recover to factory settings, what steps should i do?

Is the MS Office 2007 which comes together will be remain or it will be deleted. I'm quite worry as i do not have CD installer for this.

Thanks, your help is much appreciated

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,816 Trailblazer
    Options

If you have the media to return it to factory, it will put the Office 2007 back on and require you to reenter the key used originally to activate it. If you are instead thinking of an OS reset, it will remove Office and require a reinstall. Which OS are you running on it now? The factory restore will take you back to where it was when new, so is liable to be much older than what you running now. It might be worthwhile to look farther into fixing what you have now instead of thrashing through a restore.

Do you have much in your Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures and Videos folders? If so, moving them off to a flash drive could free up a lot of room for repairs.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.