Power supply wiring for Acer Iconia W510/W511

Options
herresko
herresko Member Posts: 12 New User

Hi.

Is there anyone who have had a closer look at how the wires are connected to the 12V connector?

Reason is, I would like to use the tablet in my summer garden, where the only power supply is my 12V solar cell/battery.

I know I could tear it apart myself, but as the tablet is still under warranty, I don't feel that encouraged. Also I know I can use an inverter, but a) my inverter is noisy and b) it is a little bit silly to transform 12V-->220V-->12V

regards

/Henning

Best Answer

• sandys
    sandys Member Posts: 10 New User
    Answer ✓
    Options

FYI here is a photo taken with my phone, as you can see just Ground and Vout which at the connector end becomes Ground, - , + as shown on the picture on the PSU, should be a doddle to knock something up.

Picasa image PSU

Answers

• sandys
    Options

I have my PSU open at the mo, and there are just two cables at the PSU end 12v and ground, not sure what happens at the other end or the voltage tolerance of the tablet but if I get a chance I'll get my meter out and see what the supply ripple is like, I'd imagine it was pretty clean, not sure if you could repeat out of your solar device.

The battery last for a good 12-15 hours, charging daily should see you out surely, less hassle, less chance of breaking something.

• herresko
    herresko Member Posts: 12 New User
    Options

Thx a lot.

That was indeed information I can use. I guess my 12V out is pretty clean, since it is taken from the regulator. Since I/We often spend several days out there it would be very nice to be able to charge is out out there.

So I'll guess I just "bite" the cable over in the middle, so I can connect it together when I have 220 at hand and connect to my 12V supply when I'm in the garden.

So if anyone out there have a cable/charger leftover please let me know Smiley Happy

• sandys
    Answer ✓
    Options

FYI here is a photo taken with my phone, as you can see just Ground and Vout which at the connector end becomes Ground, - , + as shown on the picture on the PSU, should be a doddle to knock something up.

Picasa image PSU

This discussion has been closed.