My built-in hdd/keyboard keeps connecting and disconnecting from my tab.

Options
utkarshthapak
utkarshthapak Member Posts: 4 New User

Hi, I purchased "Acer One 10 S1002 with built-in 500 GB HDD" in Feb '16. For past 1 month whenever I try to insert a pen drive or HDD in the USB port in Keyboard, the keyboard and 500 GB HDD keeps getting connected disconnected until I remove the pen drive or HDD. For past 2-3 days, the same phenomenon is occuring even if I use an external mouse. Below are the pictures from my "Disk Management". In picture 1, the 500 GB HDD is showing as "Disk 2 Unknown" then in picture 2 it is showing fine. Kindly Help.

IMG_20160826_123120_HDR.jpgIMG_20160826_110649_HDR.jpg

[edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, email addresses, phone numbers, full serial numbers, etc.]

Answers

• Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru
    Options

We have a thread in the Community that has a solution that might be helpful to you.

Please click the link below.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-Tablets-and-Convertibles/Aspire-Switch-10-Keep-connect-disconnect-keyboard-HDD-Repeatedly/m-p/390450#U390450

minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.
  • utkarshthapak
    Options

Hi,

I went to the page suggested and downloaded the two zip files but none of them is working. Below are the pictures of the failed attempts. I tried each file 4-5 times. Please help.

1.jpg2.jpg

• utkarshthapak
    Options

will you guys reply or keep sleeping for some ages????

So many cusyomers have same issue. At least find a solution it.

• Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru
    Options

We apologize for the inconvenience, as we were working on the issue. Since the solution provided in the other thread in the Community didn't correct the error, this is going to require service at this point.

Please contact Acer repair center in your region.

http://www.acer.com/worldwide/

minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.
  • AMannibal
    AMannibal Member Posts: 16

Tinkerer

Options

Hey man,

I also have a One 10 S1002. It seems our devices have problems supplying enough power to the dock. Can you try cleaning the tablet and dock connectors by rubbing it with an eraser or an alcohol-soaked q-tip?

Also, try connecting your USB devices through a powered USB-hub (the ones that have their own power adapters)