Missing CharmBar and app switcher

rajanazri
rajanazri Member Posts: 2 New User

Hey guys..

Sorry, my first time posting here...

I'm not surw if this question has been asked before, but I couldn't find one... so, here it is..

I just bought this tablet a few days ago... works wonderful..

But all of the sudden, I can't get the Charm Bar and app switcher to work by swiping the screen from the left and right in landscape mode...

These functions works just fine when the tablet is used on potrait mode... swiping the edge does brings out the functions...

And using the mouse also works  for both orientations...

So I'm not really sure of why this happens....

Does anybody know why or got any solutions?

Thanks... Smiley Happy

Best Answer

• erephus
    erephus Member Posts: 7 New User
    Answer ✓

Have you recently calibratd the touchscreen?

If so undo it, if not do it.

In my case after I calibrated it the zones picking up my sweep for the charms bar ended up outside of the screen.

I hade a small area at the bottom of the screen that was picking up the sweep.

Answers

• Damreal
    Damreal Member Posts: 123 New User

i suggest a refresh. Go into All Apps and choose the Acer Recovery Management and pick the option that refreshes but will keep all your Data and Apps. This will ensure it to be as it was when you first turned it on except with your dowloads intact. It takes about 15 min but worth it 

• erephus
    erephus Member Posts: 7 New User
    Answer ✓

Have you recently calibratd the touchscreen?

If so undo it, if not do it.

In my case after I calibrated it the zones picking up my sweep for the charms bar ended up outside of the screen.

I hade a small area at the bottom of the screen that was picking up the sweep.

• rajanazri
    rajanazri Member Posts: 2 New User

Wow erephus ....

THANKS A LOT!!! That solves it >.<

Yeah... just before that, I calibrated the screen abit... since that I have trouble with Chrome and touch...
    Just reset it and everything went back to normal >.<

Thanks again...

• Liz1122
    Liz1122 Member Posts: 1 New User

I have the same issue, my charm bar wont pop out in landscape mode and typing on the virtual keyboard sucked coz i kept hitting different keys. Calibrating worked! thanks for your advice, Erephus!! Wow, that was easy. Reading the manual was a waste of time/ This should have been included in it. Thanks again!

This discussion has been closed.