Is live updater needed in W8.1

Options
johan131
johan131 Member Posts: 10 New User

Sive live updater pushed me 2.08 or something, that includes a massive bug making the screen unusable I looked at the driver download page and found that it (live updater) isn't included in the Windows 8.1 section. Therefore I assume that with the upgrade to 8.1 Live updater isn''t needed anymore.

It has installed me the broken screendriver twice, nasty. (to recover restart and set to High Contrast and change the driver back).

Am I correct that Live Updater is no longer supported?

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options

hi..Smiley Happy

Live Updater is a program that Acer can use to alert users of important updates, patches or updated drivers and applications for their system.

The application will automatically search for approved updates, you may select the updates to install from the list. since the operating system was only upgraded to windows 8.1, the same live updater version  of windows 8 is supported by windows 8.1

• johan131
    johan131 Member Posts: 10 New User
    Options

Sharanji wrote:

hi..Smiley Happy

The application will automatically search for approved updates, you may select the updates to install from the list. since the operating system was only upgraded to windows 8.1, the same live updater version  of windows 8 is supported by windows 8.1

This is very confusing. Why does Live Updater send me, twice, an incorrect screendriver? One that is known to have a bug.

I can not rely on Live Updater, I have uninstalled it because of this behaviour.

I will install Live Updater only again once it is listed in combination with W8.1, and is bug free.

Oh, btw. Running Iconia W510. Forgot to mention that.

This discussion has been closed.