Internet connection issues Iconia w3-810

Options
mncwhitely
mncwhitely Member Posts: 2 New User

I have an Iconia w3-810 and am having issues connecting to the internet.  It happened suddenly, was fine one day and not the next.  It shows that I am connect to my router.  When I open internet explore, I get "you're not connect to a network". After clicking "fix connection problems" I get "wi-fi doesn't have a valid IP configuration".  Can anyone help? And please talk to me like I'm stupid.

Best Answer

• mncwhitely
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I had all bars. I finally got my recovery disk to run last night and reset the whole tablet. That fixed the problem. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

If I were to guess I'd say your wireless is going to sleep (to helpfully keep you from running the battery down) and when it wakes back up it's not reconnecting to the router fast enough. What is displayed in the little network icon at bottom right on your desktop? It should show a bar graph of the signal stength, with one to five bars. If it shows an empty bar graph with either an exclamation point or asterisk over it it's saying there is a problem with the connection.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • mncwhitely
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I had all bars. I finally got my recovery disk to run last night and reset the whole tablet. That fixed the problem. Thanks for taking the time to reply.