Iconia W700 image retention/burn in/ghosting.

GasparIPerez
GasparIPerez Member Posts: 4 New User

So I've had 3 different W700s, all of them with image retention problems. The newest one I got for about a week ago and it has a image retention, no bad but it's all over the screen, mostly the edges. The 2 other W700 I've had had horrible displays, lots of backlight bleeding and a lot of image retention on the edges.

I was thinking to return this new W700 I got and getting it fixed, but after 3 different devices, all with the same problems (this new one has at least less backlight bleeding), I thought that it wasn't worth it. I need the computer for university, and being at least 2-3 weeks without it hoping to get it fixed (yes, Acer uses to just update the drivers and OS...).

I've read that many users (if not all of them) has the same problem with their W700. If someone here has had the tablet for a while now and has had this issue, does it get better or worse? I read that after 6 months it goes away and the display gets better but I don't really know. I'm just gonna live with the problem otherwise, cuz man I'm tired of the repair-process.

What are your experiences? Are you happy with your W700? Does it have image retention problems? Is it bette or worse than before?

Answers

• ptrkhh
    ptrkhh Member Posts: 72 Troubleshooter

After almost a year, I dont mind having that problem anymore. Not sure if I get used to or the display gets better

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer

It's a function of persistance in the display itself and has no lasting effect. I just ignore it, but you could cut down on the brightness if it bothered you enough.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • GasparIPerez
    I know that it goes away after a few seconds/minutes, but do you still have the problem? And is it better or worse or the same? Thank you for your answers.
  • Milleh
    Milleh Member Posts: 3 New User

I just got my w700 (boxing day sale) and I have noticed burn in as well around the edges - strange that Acer has said nothing?

• GasparIPerez

I returned mine and got an Asus laptop instead. Every singel W700 I've seen has this image retention problem, and I am not paying for that!

• exscentric
    exscentric Member Posts: 78 Troubleshooter

w700p also has it I noticed last night.

This discussion has been closed.