Windows Tablets

Topic

Visitor
marjcute

Iconia W500 Device Control for Windows 8.1

I upgrade my OS from Windows 7 to Windows 8.1 but auto rotate screen is not working because the device control for Windows 8.1 is not available for download. I try to install device control for Windows 7 but the application is not opening, I try also to run device control in compatibily option but is not working. Can you please help me?

Visitor
fourier134949

Re: Iconia W500 Device Control for Windows 8.1

I have the same problem. Device Control crashes at startup and I had to install bluetooth driver in compatibilitty mode. At the moment the rotation screen function is unusable, we need support!

mrbrimi

Add me to this, upgraded today to Win 8.1 Device Control crashes & doesn't auto rotate.

Any one with a solution?

Visitor
Jeyo

My W700 had same problem.

I just deleted the "Intel Sensor Solution" device and driver, then auto-roatate work again after scan the devices.

maybe you can try to delete the devices and drivers under the sensors

t_ahmad

Jeyo wrote:

My W700 had same problem.

I just deleted the "Intel Sensor Solution" device and driver, then auto-roatate work again after scan the devices.

maybe you can try to delete the devices and drivers under the sensors

how can you delete this? i´ve got a w510 with the same issues. maybe it also works for me

thanx for your help

mrbrimi

Solution - works so far.

Removed the current software: G Sensor Bosch 1.0.0.5, Auyto Screen Rotation Blocker, Device Control 1.01.3002. Did a restart after each.

Went into Device Manager - Display Adapter - Roll Back Driver. This rolled back the driver to 9/27/12 version 9.2.0.0. Restart

Installed software:  G Sensor Bosch 1.0.0.5, Auyto Screen Rotation Blocker, Device Control 1.01.3002 (in that order, restart after each)

RESULT: I now have auto-rotate working, Device Control is working.

Good luck.

mrbrimi

Spoke too soon!

Windows Update kicks in and downloads and installs the "new improved" driver and the problem returns.

So new attempt;

1) Go to Windows Update - Change settings - Never check for updates

2) Remove the current software: G Sensor Bosch 1.0.0.5, Auto Screen Rotation Blocker, Device Control 1.01.3002. Did a restart after each.

3) Go to Device Manager - Display Adapter - Roll Back Driver. This rolled back the driver to 9/27/12 version 9.2.0.0. Restart

4) Install software:  G Sensor Bosch 1.0.0.5, Auto Screen Rotation Blocker, Device Control 1.01.3002 (in that order, restart after each)

5) Back to Windows Update - Check for updates - HIDE the AMD update - Reset Windows Update settings

RESULT: I now have auto-rotate working, Device Control is working.

t_ahmad

----solution for me for my W510----

i dont know what happened but i will tell you what i did last:

i have the european version of Windows 8.1 N(without Media Feature Pack)

1. reinstalled microsoft silverlight.
  2. search for update ---> silverlight update available!---> installed!
  3. reboot
  4. installed "Media Feature Pack for N and KN versions of Windows 8.1" from here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40744
  5. reboot
  6. search again for updates---> new updates available ---> installed
  7. reboot!

now camera, autorotation, and all apps work for me. i think there is a cross connection between the media features and camera....

best regards

Visitor
miturrin

I am having the same problem. I upgrade from 7 to 8 and everything was ok, so the problem is whit 8.1….

Regular Visitor
tnn120

Followed instructions to a tee...several times...screen will still not rotate automatically...any other suggestions/ideas?  Any help will be much appreciated.

Welcome, Guest

Not A Member?   Register
Help
Language:
Member Highlight

Long time Acer Community member and leader Padgett has reached a new milestone of 1500 posts helping and guiding others to solution. Please join me in congratulating Padgett on this accomplishment.

ACE Pioneer

Did you know?

Acer Community is also available in the following languages: