Topic

iconia_user

Iconia W3 DOES NOT CHARGE

Like others on here, my Iconia W3 only works when plugged in.

As so many otherrs are having the problem, I think it must be one of two things:

1 - Acer is selling a faulty product, whether that's the chargers, the batteries or something else

2 - It's a software problem in Windows

Acer needs to get on here **bleep** quick and start responding to people having this issue as a lot of people are wasting £300 on what is essentially a door stop.

Thanks.

iconia_user

Re: Iconia W3 DOES NOT CHARGE

Forget it. Dreadful, non-existent support from Acer. Returning my W3 in the post tomorrow. I'll be picking up an 8-inch Windows 8 tablet, whoever releases one next, just so long as it's not Acer.

Pioneer
padgett

[ Edited ]

Probably be a number released around Thankgiving. Suspect the z3770 tabs will be a bit better.

http://newsroom.intel.com/community/intel_newsroom/blog/2013/06/04/intel-readies-bay-trail-for-holid...

May just be lucky but my two netbooks (one hotrodded), two tablets (W3 and W510), and a 23" monitor all are working just fine despite the torture tests I put them through.

Certainly sounds like your problem is mechanical and not software, neither the BIOS nor the OS has anything to do with charging the battery, is just hardware. Personally, I'd probably try a different charger (W3 appears to have a 3mm x 1.1mm center positive plug) or just check the charger with a DVM first, should be 12-12.4vdc @ 1500 ma.

jim777

I know this is an old thread, but what can we do if the W3 only works when plugged in? Can I return it to Acer? I've only turned it on about 10 times since I got it in October, but I doubt i can bring it back to Walmart after 90 days. Very, VERY expensive for a paper weight!!

Pioneer
padgett

Should be able to get an RMA, did you register it with Acer ? If not go to http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support and select "register a product" (may need to create a login).

jim777

Contributing Member
Spider124

Did you update the BIOS to V1.07?

jim777

No, I bought it for my wife in October, and she never used it. I used it once or twice for a bit, and it has been turned off for since early November. I tried to turn it on and the battery was dead, so I charged it up overnight and started it up, but it dies whenever unplugged. I updated the OS and whatever else when I used it in October, but it has nop updates that may have been released since Nov. 4th.

Contributing Member
Spider124

[ Edited ]

Try running the Acer Live Updater on the device and see if it has the BIOS update 1.0

You can find your current BIOS version by running msinfo32.exe at the command prompt.

Mine did and the charge problem was solved.

Good luck

jim777

Well, I got my RMA number, thanks for all the help guys folks :smileyhappy:

Did you know? Acer Community is also available in the following languages: