ICONIA W7 purchased in Japan, forgotten outlook password

Options
hako
hako Member Posts: 2 New User
Hi lads,

I have Iconia w7 from Japan.
When I log onto the Windows after turning it on, I have to enter the password for the outlook.com email. However, the password is non retrievable, and I was wondering if Acer can unlock it.
I checked the snid in the support section of Acer site, and it didn't come up.
Can this be resolved by Acer outside of Japan?

Thanks!

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

Acer won't be able to do anything about your outlook.com email... You have to contact Microsoft about that. Try this link for information.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • hako
    hako Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I tried to reset the password but no luck. I wonder what happens when this outlook email address is closed, I still have to have the password to be able to use this tablet?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

Unfortunately the only way I can think of to get around it, short of Microsoft tech support, would involve a system reset, wiping all your user data. Once you get logged in with the MS account you can a local user, which would potentially give you a back door in, but again that involves Microsoft resetting your password.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
This discussion has been closed.