How can I start my Acer One in Safe Mode (Win10)?

Options
architerp
architerp Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I have an Acer One 10" Tablet with Windows 10. I installed Tren Micro Virus Protection and cannot get the tablet to respond. It starts up and gives me a blank screen with the cursor. How can I get it Started in Safe Mode so I can uninstall the software?

I have tried holding the "Volume Down Button" while pressing the "Power Button" and that has not worked.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

http://www.digitalcitizen.life/4-ways-boot-safe-mode-windows-10

you can try to boot to recovery mode pressing Alt+F10 keys at boot, then check if startup settings are available as on method 4

if not from recovery ,try the command prompt method 5.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • architerp
    architerp Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

First, I really appreciate the help.

However, Please keep in mind that this is a tablet. I don't think the keyboard is recognized until after windows has begun its startup.

As with the Option #4, would I have to be able to do somthing in order for it to look for a USB boot drive.

I am really looking for a button combination that would allow me to go into Safe Mode so I can unistall the Protection software and get it to reboot normally.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options
    As far as i know, the keyboard works as a standard USB keyboard, so it's even recognised to enter BIOS pressing the F2 key.

Give it a try.
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • lulzJENN
    lulzJENN Member Posts: 6 New User
    Options

i SWEAR MINE IS POSSESSED! I tried following th pc forum and the tablet forum and spent 2.5 hours on the phone with acer 'support" where the second guy was trying to trick  me into wiping all my files- if they don't know what not on the scripted advice they have they tell you to do a factory reset without using those words. i still have blue screen or black screen depending on how I tryto open it to 90 degrees or 45 degrees.

i tried the recommnedations of everybody so far except to the 2 in 1 laptop tablet and smash it!!!!

I am so disappointed acer customer service sucks as bad as steam csr and bell phone company!!!! somebody please help- it's only a month old adn I bought it as a present for my child.

Thx eh!!

• lulzJENN
    Options

hI i CALLED SUPPORT CAUSE REAR CAMERA WOULDN'T WORK ON THIS ACER10 TWO IN ONE TABLET WITH KEYBOARD. Now no power

no start up screen just a black screen with white cursor, the acer logo comes on when power up for 1 second then its gone. F10 button does nothing. pressing F2 does nothing. Need help and been asking cause after 2 hours on phone with customer service the guy hung up on me after stating only wiping the memory doing a factory reset would work but it didn;t

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

Any chance you have a USB drive plugged in? I had a friend last week who swore her computer was posessed because when she tried to boot it it stuck on a black screen with white cursor yet when she brought it over to my house it always just booted right up to Windows. It turns out she had a bootable USB drive plugged into her USB hub, and it was taking her to an empty DOS session. Unplugging the drive fixed it. Smiley Happy

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • lulzJENN
    Options

hi, no usb wass plugged in, but thanks. It ended up being solved by a computer guy who did the pressing of the power button while pushing the volume button in a volume lower manner and holding it for 30 secs.

The F2 was pushed upon getting a screen to finally come baclk up as the the F10 with altr was ineffective.

After, the starting up in safe mode was done then a restart was done.

Then finally it responded.

Then after 40 mins it worked and both cameras worked too.

The acer support guy i spoke to a second time must have been in the back cause telling me to wipe the product with factory reset settings is bull, and I spent 2 hours on the phone between two csr.

i couldn't afford an ipad mini4 nor a windows surface pro so this is what i purchased, but if i had known that the service by phone was so horrid i would have opted out until Christmas cause its frustrating when you only have a paperweight.

Thanks for your helpSmiley Happy

[inappropriate content removed]