Haw to install windows 10 technical preview on iconia w1 810?

Options
acampos
acampos Member Posts: 11 New User
edited March 2023 in 2015 Archives

I failled to install windows 10 due to limitation of oem system. Is there any alternative forseen to upgrade to windows 10?

Thanks

Best Answer

• acampos
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Since my first entry I have installed and reinstalled w10. First time it was free upgrade from w8.1. Later I have reinstalled with ISO in usb memory stick.
    Currently I am running insiders late version 1703 of w10, where I got with subsequent updates.
    I am glad to share that my acer iconia w8 behaves great, better than I ever had expected.

Answers

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    Options

Use an external SSD ? It will be slow.

• acampos
    Options
    I have found that there is general issue with tablets of many manufactures due to reduced oem op syst, solution being to onstall new windows 10 from bios start amd format disk to make room. Thans
  • kirankp25
    kirankp25 Member Posts: 49 Troubleshooter
    Options

Can i install windows 10 on micro sd card and dual boot windows 8.1 & 10 ?

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    Options

It can only be installed on a drive that is not "removable" (open File Explorer, right click on the drive and select "properties". If the "type" says removable, it won't install).

• cleopatra
    cleopatra Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Stay with what you have. Sad but true.

• acampos
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Since my first entry I have installed and reinstalled w10. First time it was free upgrade from w8.1. Later I have reinstalled with ISO in usb memory stick.
    Currently I am running insiders late version 1703 of w10, where I got with subsequent updates.
    I am glad to share that my acer iconia w8 behaves great, better than I ever had expected.