Cloverview - What does it do ?

checoimg
checoimg Member Posts: 2 New User

So if the Iconia W510 is plugged through USB to a USB port on the Desktop appears a unrecognized device called CLOVERVIEW.

What can I do it this ? Where can I find the driver for it  ?

TY

Answers

• Inspiration101
    Inspiration101 Member Posts: 185 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

The W510 (my fave tablet) uses the Clovertrail chipset.  It is a 32bit dedicated chipset so don't be expecting any 64bit s/w to run on it.

Can I ask why you are trying to plug it into a desktop computer using USB ? If you want to network them I think you will have better success using basic windows home networking tools.

• t_hordern4
    t_hordern4 Member Posts: 4 New User

Hi, this is my first post here, so I hope this isn't considered a hijack. I have the same issue. In my case though, I am trying to connect my W510 to my PC to repair the BCD file after I attempted to dual boot it with Ubuntu. Obviously I cannot do this any other way as there is no installation media with the W510.

Does anyone know if it is possible to connect the W510 to a PC in this way? If so, where would I find the drivers etc? Also, has anyone ever tried dual booting the W510 with Ubuntu as well as the pre-installed Windows 8? I would like to know if anyone has been sucessful at this, as I have followed the guide in APC magazine on how to dual boot Win8 and Linux, but this hasn't worked on my W510, no matter what I try (despite working well on my desktop). Any help would be appreciated. Cheers.

• Leonid
    Leonid Member Posts: 121 Troubleshooter

Hello Checoimg, USB is not for connecting two computers. There are several posts about this because it seems natural. But the USB is for Host to client. Your computer thinks your tablet is a storage device. Two computers would be Host to Host. Your Bluetouth would be a good way to network (Host to Host).

This discussion has been closed.