Acer w510 overheating

Options
yucano31
yucano31 Member Posts: 15

Tinkerer

I bought yesterday a tablet acer w510 (intel atom z2760), and the temp in idle is 70 celcius. And in work like gaming or other process is 80-88 celcius.

I feel the hot when is so high. Plz How can i fix that? Is my first time that I use a tablet with brand ACER. Plz tell me the solution, i dont want have a bad experience with this brand -.-.

Answers

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    Options

Did you buy it new ? If not it may be missing the Intel Thermal management drivers. These are available for Windows 8 and 8.1 from http://support.acer.com . Get the entire driver package for your OS.

• yucano31

Tinkerer

Options

Yes is new, where can i find the intel thermal management drivers in my tablet? i installed 3.02 and i am using windows 8.1.

Now i am looking my temp is 58 celcius watching video in youtube without plugging with the charger of the battery. This temp is normal? if i plug the charger in my tablet, the temp is like 73-78 celcius. If i play some game can be more high.

Can you send you level of temp of your tablet w510 using the hw monitor 1.24? plz.

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    Options

That should be the latest drivers. All I can say is that my W510 has never felt hot, wonder if something is preventing the CPU from throttling back. What CPU speed does Task Manager report when idle ?

• yucano31

Tinkerer

Options

0.78 ghz-1.xx. But plz download this software: http://www.cpuid.com/downloads/hwmonitor/1.24.zip

is portable. You only need open the zip. I need know how is your temp in idle charging and without charging. Plz.

in 56-67 celcius i feel warm the tablet, not hot.

• Phil-3
    Phil-3 Member Posts: 1,181 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

Hello everyone,

While our members are generally eager to provide useful information, be advised that Acer does not validate third party external links for downloads and is not responsible for them.

Acquiring files through such links is at the user’s own risk.

• sandorx
    sandorx Member Posts: 11 New User
    Options

Mine gets quite hot in the right top spot as well especially around the nfc tag. I also have the latest update I think. Someone mentioned a clean install but I'm not sure that is possible with the 32 GB one. Smiley Sad

• yucano31

Tinkerer

Options

Now i have other acer w510 and has the same temp in work is like 70 temp celcius and idle is like 50 celcius.

But in this i cant change the option of the camera like the flickers(50-60hz), always reset this option.

Your tablet has the same problem?

• sandorx
    sandorx Member Posts: 11 New User
    Options

Mine gets seriously hot when I do a skype video call for instance. Any idea what could be wrong? I have the latest drivers. Smiley Sad

This discussion has been closed.