Acer w3 error after partitioning drive c:, error, " boot recovery disc using legacy bios"

Options
OVONELPOTPAL
OVONELPOTPAL Member Posts: 5 New User

i want to make partition in acer w3, to make second and third drive.. after making a partition from drive c:, i cannot boot into windows. it's blue screen and restarting, blue screen, restarting, and keep like that.

i have the recovery disc.  it can boot to recovery disc. but when i choose option restore operating system or completely restore computer to factory defaults, 

it said,"PLEASE BOOT THIS RECOVERY DISC USING  LEGACY BIOS MODE"

when i pressed win key+ power: a requred devece isn't connected or can't be accessed

error code 0xc0000225

you need to use the recovery tools on your installation media.

I try to reinstall using win 8.1 dvd or usb flashdisk, but acer w3 cannot boot to it/recognize.

my bios setting:

v1.07

f12 boot menu enabled

d2d recovery enabled

ftpm support enabled

boot priority order: 1. usb cdrom 2. usb hdd 3. windows boot manager

anyone can help?

Best Answer

• OVONELPOTPAL
    Answer ✓
    Options

I can boot to win 8 installation from usb flashdisk

i use rufus software to create bootable win8. in the setting use: GPT partition for uefi computer, fat32, 16kb

if i can repair windows, i'll let you know

Answers

• Leonid
    Leonid Member Posts: 121 Troubleshooter
    Options
    Hello Ovonelpotpal, Would you tell what method or software you used to create the new partition? WIN8 is very strict on working with partitions for security reasons.
  • OVONELPOTPAL
    Options

I used aomei partition assistant pro 5.1 in win 8.1. when applying the task, it couldn't be done while running windows. so the program partitioned it while in DOS mode, after shutingdown windows

• OVONELPOTPAL
    Options

this is bluescreen

blue screen.jpg

this is when in acer recovery

acer recovery.jpg

this is when i use winkey + power button

winkey power.jpg

• Leonid
    Options

http://www.disk-partition.com/support.html This is the Aomei support page. I read most of their material, but there was not a lot of discussion about WIN 8. They do clearly say they can work with win 8, but no details. The W3 has little storage. I was wondering why you would make the C: drive any smaller? Are you trying to dual boot?

• OVONELPOTPAL
    Answer ✓
    Options

I can boot to win 8 installation from usb flashdisk

i use rufus software to create bootable win8. in the setting use: GPT partition for uefi computer, fat32, 16kb

if i can repair windows, i'll let you know

• OVONELPOTPAL
    Options

It's working

when installing win8.1 from usb, choose custom install.  i delete the partitioned that i hv been made before.

and then extend drive c:

than i cancelled the installation, because i want to reinstall using acer recovery disc.

reboot my tablet. start dvd recovery.

acer recovery working.

thanks.

• Leonid
    Options

I am glad it worked out.

That last screen looked like one I had after I had deleted a partition on mine. I also was blessed and the recovery disc and thumb drive worked for me. Since then I have not tried to modify this W3, I just use it.

This discussion has been closed.