Acer W700 Battery, after a few minutes 80%?!

Options
robertkjr3d
robertkjr3d Member Posts: 19

Tinkerer

So I just unplugged my Acer W700, for a second it says 100% (I actually haven't seen that in a while...)

Then a couple of minutes later it says, like 81%.  Does this mean that I have a bad cell in my Battery?  That it is time to get it replaced.  I bought this thing as a refurb, and I don't think it was ever under warranty.  I think I will have to replace it myself.

I'm noticing that the battery is draining a lot faster lately.  I recently switched back to 'Power Saver' mode in Windows 8.1 and read on other forums on how to fix some issues that I used to experience with performance.  But haven't tested it much yet.

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,838 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

It's also possible you have some run-away application that's sucking up battery...

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• exscentric
    exscentric Member Posts: 78 Troubleshooter
    Options

You might try calibrating the rig.  Charge, totally discharge three times is the procedure on some of my battery rigs - instruction book might tell you for sure.  My 700P isn't much of a long laster on battery, couple hours.  It also goes down on the readout fast when first turned on - 100 to 91 very quickly.

There is a video on youtube on how to change it thought the guy doing it is rather ruff on the tablet :-)

• robertkjr3d

Tinkerer

Options
    I've since ordered a battery... I'll put it on YouTube for everybody. I noticed that folks keep pointing to the one guy.
  • whiskey
    whiskey Member Posts: 32

Tinkerer

Options

robertkjr3d wrote:

So I just unplugged my Acer W700, for a second it says 100% (I actually haven't seen that in a while...)

Then a couple of minutes later it says, like 81%.  

Mine began to do exactly this too a month ago and the issue was likely that of battery calibration within the BIOS.

I did a search and found an easy solution that had already been posted within a thread on this forum:

fulgu wrote:

Re: W700 Battery doesn't recharge 100%

‎05-06-2013 02:14 AM

hi guys, the battery jus needs recalibrating

this is how I did it: fully charge the tablet (until the power led is blue), switch the tablet off completely and hard-reset it using the reset pinhole found on the bottom of the device, between the speakers

after that, the tablet will show a real 100% charge

• robertkjr3d

Tinkerer

Options

well that sounds promising. I never even realized this had a reset. But I doubt that explains why it drains so fast, like watching seconds tick off a clock, if I pay attention to it.  I report what its like with a new battery.

• triskele10
    triskele10 Member Posts: 13 New User
    Options

Mine charged only till 85% after 2 years. Reset it with a needle yesteday evening and this morning he was still 100% wenn I turned it on.

Thx for the tip.

• robertkjr3d

Tinkerer

Options

So far new battery... same as the old battery. And that was so much work.

1) Old battery did read in 100-90 again after reset, but fell very fast.... new one same

2) The camera tablet I had posted I hope recorded enough.  I had so much trouble getting the old battery out of that glue-tape.

Perhaps the company that I got the "new" battery lied and its actually old, I've been hit with that a few times.  Another possibikity, is it needs some exercise.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,838 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

It's also possible you have some run-away application that's sucking up battery...

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • robertkjr3d

Tinkerer

Options

That was it.  I wasted my $90 bucks, and my time. Two things in this thread were in issue: It needed reset, and I had a battery drainer.

However I'm sure some will like my experince of opening the tablet.  I haven't edited the video yet.

Side Note of my issue:

I was using Bluestacks for a couple of Android applications.  The issue being, even when BS is not running,a wait process is still running slowing sucking the machine.  So at first I switched from BS to Andyroid (which was worse) Becuse Acer does not allow virtualization in the bios, Andy-Vitualbox takes 45% of the cpu to run.  So then I checked to see how the folkes at Windroy have come along... I've been following them for some time.  They now have 'Windroye' That works really well, and does not eat my battery, and meets my needs.