Acer W4 not booting at all. Just black screen

Options
ChesterOne
ChesterOne Member Posts: 5 New User

Hello, everyone,

I just bought a brand new Acer Iconia W4 tablet. Surfed trought the Windows 8 interface about 30 min, then decided to change the Windows theme. Windows showed an error, I don't remember exactly, but something related to Security, then it said it is going to reboot. After that it never boot up again.

Tablet is not booting and simply showing the black screen. I see that it is on by the turned on screen, but there is nothing on it, no Acer logo.

I tried to go to BIOS, by holding volume up or volume down, nothing is helping. Seems like the Recovery DVD works only with bootable tablets. I'm really disapointed with such a fragile behavior of Windows 8 and Acer. I litterally did noting on it.

If anyone knows what can help in my case and share what options do I have?

Thank you for reading

Answers

• massif75
    massif75 Member Posts: 6 New User
    Options

Hello, I experienced the same issue. The operation that worked for me was to do a hard reset.

For that you just have to insert a pinhead into the hole just next to the micro hdmi connector.

• aleunge
    aleunge Member Posts: 51 Troubleshooter
    Options

Or try holding onto the power button for a long while until the screen turns off and then boot up again.

• ChesterOne
    Options

Thank you for the advices. I've tried everything and gave up on solving the issue myself.

I've contacted to the online Acer support consultant. He stated, that based on the sympthoms it is most likely hardware issue. He adviced me to send the tablet to Acer Repair Center in Texas.

I've opened the new repair case and sent the tablet. Currently the case in "received" state.

Let's hope the Acer Repair Center will solve the problem

• maimorta
    maimorta Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options
    hi.. my sister accidentally dropped her acer iconia w4. we bought it for 15990. and they asked 23860 for the replacement of mainboard and lcd. is this really the price. its more than what we paid when we bought it. the unit by the way is undr warranty.
  • ChesterOne
    Options

Maimorta, I'm really sorry to hear that. I hope you would somehow handle the situation

Reporting of my situation. Acer Repair center finally repaired my tablet with no charges. I believe it was a warranty case. Now I'm waiting it to be delivered. Hope that the tablet would last long enough.

Guys, if you have the same sympthoms as me, directly contact to the Acer support. They are very helpfull and hopefully they would be able to help you out with the repairment. 

Good luck to all.

• maimorta
    Options
    @chesterone : hi may i know where the repair center you are referring too?
    We brought the tab to the acer service center here in the city and that was their update.
  • maimorta
    Options
    @chesterone: is it possible for us to send the tab directly to the manufacturer?
  • ChesterOne
    Options

I've sent mine to: 

Acer Repair Center
    1394 Eberhardt Rd
    Temple, TX 76504

But before that, I strongly advice you to contact to Acer online support: 

http://acer.custhelp.com/app/chat/pre_chat_launch

Your case is a little more tough, because you had a physical impact on a tablet. Anyways online support could answer on all your questions. Probably they would be able to repair it with less charges.

• maimorta
    Options
    Thank u so much...
  • padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    Options

Where are you, from the price it sounds like somewhere in eastern europe ? Certailnly not Texas.

• maimorta
    Options
    Philippines
  • padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    Options

1) Has it worked before ?

2) Has it been charged or is the power supply connected.

If so try connecting the charger and holding down the power and volume + buttons and see if you get the BIOS menu.

If not you will need to send in for service or return to where you bought it.