Acer W4 820 does not allow me to download Moviecity Play app

Options
macrina
macrina Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi,

my Acer W4-820 does not allow me to download the app for Moviecity Play.

1. Since I live in South America I've tried to download it from the Microsoft site for Latin America (http://apps.microsoft.com/windows/en-us/app/7c28aadc-a631-43e6-9f06-481d440f9269), and I get the message that my device may not meet some of the requirements (now, the OS is Windows 8.1 and the tablet runs 64 and 32 bits and has Intel inside etc. etc., then I cannot find what other requirement is not fulfilled …).

2. If I try to access Moviecity directly from its website (I do have an account, and I can watch Moviecity from my TV and notebook without any problem) here, in the tablet, I am sent automatically to Windows Phone web site to get the app –however, when I log into my Microsoft account for downloading I receive the message that there is no any device registered (of course I am not accessing from a registered Windows Phone, but from a tablet with Windows OS!!).

3. Finally, if I browse for the Moviecity Play app in the tablet store it is not available.

Does anyone know what the problem may be? I have chatted with somebody in Acer Support and referred me to Microsoft, but I do not think it is Microsoft’s business, my suspicion is that for some reason Acer does not allow the app to be installed...

Any help?

Thank you!

Macrina

Best Answer

• macrina
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thank you, Plastixx!

Actually, you gave me the idea of trying another browser, I had only tried IE for that is what I had installed in the tablet (since it is new...). I installed Firefox and it did the trick: it opens without a fuzz, just like in my notebook...!

Answers

• Plastixx
    Plastixx Member Posts: 66 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options

I also get the widows phone reroute if I try using IE, but the website loads correctly with the desktop version of Chrome. Give that a try.

As far as the app goes, it says it only supports x64 and ARM, not x86, so you are out of luck there.

• macrina
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thank you, Plastixx!

Actually, you gave me the idea of trying another browser, I had only tried IE for that is what I had installed in the tablet (since it is new...). I installed Firefox and it did the trick: it opens without a fuzz, just like in my notebook...!

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    Options

There seem to be quite a few issues with the later versions of Internet Explorer. I suspect the security has been tightened so far that it is not responding properly to HTML and XML requests.