Topic

Visitor
veragti
Accepted Solution

Acer Iconia W700 Wi-Fi problem

Hi everyone,

Yesterday, I bought an Acer Iconia W700 tablet and for some reason, the wi-fi disconnets all the time. If I have the tablet really close to the wi-fi spot, it work fine but when I go to my living room, the internet disconnets or it get's limited. The farest thing I can do is open google and search for something. Then the internet crashes..

It's frustrating these situation... And I was wondering if I have to return it or if there is any thing I can do to fix it. I also saw other users online complaining about the same problem...

Thanks for the help!

Contributor
tpaige0991

Re: Acer Iconia W700 Wi-Fi problem

You should probably call technical support, maybe they can help you get it worked otu since it is still under warranty. 

Super Contributor
Joshua188

Well You could always try and use (Windows key and X) click on the Device manager then go under the network adapters and right click the wireless card and uninstall the driver (do no click the check box) and reboot and allow it to reinstall the driver. this may help.

“No one messes around with a nerd’s computer and escapes unscathed.”
― E.A. Bucchianeri
mengpo

Hey there,

The wifi problem (random deconnections) is mainly caused by the sleep mode and the wifi 802.11n.

All you have to do is to force the connection to a 802.11g from your tablet and your internet spot. It worked for me :smileywink:

I don't know whether my explanations are clear enough or not sorry my bad english.

Visitor
mulder

I have the same problem.  I will try to play with the settings and see what happens.

Visitor
ZeroHackeR

Hi all,

I'm having the same issue.

I've tried all the suggestions from another web link and didn't work thus far.

So, how do I force my device to use only in G mode?

I could change from my router but it will affect all other devices which is something I do not desire.

Sources:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-networking/wi-fi-connection-repeatedly-go...

Visitor
ilzk521

hi,maybe you speak chinese? i guess from your name . i tried the new driver from acer but it doesnt work . could you tell me how to force the connexion to 802.11g ,as in the advanced property of wifi adapter ,i cant find any option of wifi mode.and by the way ,i cant change the mode of router...i dont think this is caused by the sleeping policy,as i am downloading somgthing,it can become limited...

Visitor
veragti

hi again,

my router connection is 802.11b/g. it's a thomson tg784. i already updated the antheros software to the new version that acer released on 23th november but the problem stays the same.... no connection when i'm away from the modem... 

most likely i will return the tablet.

Visitor
kailb

This solution from Microsoft's Windows 8 support community seems to have fixed the issue for me:

i went to acer and downloaded the wifi drivers, uninstalled the device in device manger, restart pc, went back to device mmanager and looked for the unknown device. i then right click unknown device and installed the driver from acer.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-networking/wi-fi-connection-repeatedly-go...

Visitor
Jeffd10

Same issue here..I updated the drivers and only get internet within 2 feet of my router. Called support and they want me to send them the tablet...sorry but it is going back..not dealing with all of this. The biggest thing a tablet needs and it dont even work. Nice QA you al have over there!!! Dont you even check this stuff out before you put a us through this?

Welcome, Guest

Not A Member?   Register
Help
Language:
Member Highlight

Acer is proud to announce the promotion of Philetus to the ACE team. Philetus has been a member since March 2013 and has shown the skills and patience required to be a member of this exclusive, invite only team of experts. Congratulations Philetus!

ACE Pioneer

Did you know?

Acer Community is also available in the following languages: