Acer Iconia W4 - HDMI not working after Windows update +Graphical issues

Options
MatusD
MatusD Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hello,
I think after Win 10 Creators update in February (yeah, I am trying to solve this issue for a long time), two big issues appeared:
1. HDMI, that worked perfectly before, can not connect to any monitor or TV anymore. I tried changing the cable and several monitors/tvs, but no luck. Also, the HDMI port works, because when connected the tv can understand the device was connected, but then it says no signal.
2. The older games, that before worked perfectly, are now cropped and thus unplayable. Interesting is, that if I tap the cropped part, it works, even though I can not see where am I tapping.The issue does not appear mostly in 3D games like Half Life or Far cry, but it does in Heroes 3 or Jagged Alliance 2. I tried changing resolution and changing font size of Windows, but without effect. It is a bummer, because otherwise I would be perfectly happy with my tablet, as it worked correctly before.

Does anyone else experience similar problems with their Windows 10 machine or Acer tablet?
Capture.PNG

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

Check in Device Manager;Display Adapters to make sure the update didn't put a corrupted video driver in place. If it's showing errors try rolling back to the previous driver. All your symptoms seem to revolve around the display...

You can also try Windows-P to see if just switching between modes makes a difference on the HDMI port.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • MatusD
    MatusD Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Thank you for your answer, I have tried to check it, it looks okay (says Intel Graphics Driver, I am not sure what to look for), I also tried system refresh and reinstalling the drivers pack. I also tried your suggestion with win+P, but it did not turn on the second monitor. Do you have any suggestion, how to confirm, if the video driver was installed incorrectly? 
    Thanks

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

That sounds pretty normal. It's possible that something MS did screwed up the display driver from Intel. Check on Intel's support site to see if they've released anything new that hasn't yet gone through the MS vetting process.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.