Acer Iconia W3-810 battery

Options
arashzarrabi
arashzarrabi Member Posts: 4 New User

Dear Acer support team

I have bad issue with several unit Iconia W3-810, I have around 20 unit with barrtery issue such as

1- power fail

2- charghing fail

3- just working with adapter.

would you please help how I can fix this error, I fixed battery connector, and aslo recoverd windows.

Many thanks for your help.  

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options

hi....

I apologize for the inconvenience you are experiencing with the tablet.
    This issue was reported and was sucessfully resolved after installing the BIOS update.

If the tablet is powering ON using the AC adapter, you may update the BIOS to V 1.07 or later
     If the tablet does not power on, it will need to be sent in for service.

You may run Acer Live Update (ALU) to install BIOS 1.07 or later or download and install it.
    Here's the weblink to download and install the BIOS update.BIOS update V1.07 

• arashzarrabi
    Options

Dear sharanji

Thanks for your prompt answer.

So, I did same but now battery is not detected by windows. and after disconnect adapter tablet is turning off.

I think we need new frimware/Driver for drive battaery.  

Please help me.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

If you have updated to the 1.07 BIOS and still have the problem, it might be hardware rather than software. Make sure you allow enough time to fully charge the battery after the update before testing.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options

hi....

If you have a unit from US or Canada, you may also live chat with an Acer technician at : Acer live chat

If you have purchased the computer in any other country, you may contact Acer support here : Acer Global Support

• arashzarrabi
    Options

Dear Acer team

Thanks for your following, but my problem is not solved, and I’m waiting for new answer yet. This product have battery problem, I thought  , you have new firmware to fix this error but you can’t help me up to know.

Thank you

Arash Zarrabi

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    Options

Since you appear to have several W3s, does the issue change if you switch the power adapter with one from a W3 that is working well ?

Do all of the W3s have the same BIOS revision ?

• arashzarrabi
    Options

Dear Acer Team

I tested with all power adapters and also used new bios file that you sent to me, after upgrade bios to 1.07 system is turn on but battery was not detect, just we can see charging command without charging battery.  

• HMB
    HMB Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Hi all,

Replacement of the battery it was my solution.

For details, please verify the following link:

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-Tablets/Replace-W3-810-battery/m-p/278690/highlight/true#M11703

Good luck.

This discussion has been closed.