Acer Crystal Eye

sueH
sueH Member Posts: 14 New User

I lost Acer Crystal Eye during recovery for some reason.  How do I get it back please?  I have a W510 hybrid tablet/laptop

Answers

• Leonid
    Leonid Member Posts: 121 Troubleshooter

Hello Sue, Maybe try the recoverey again? Other than that I think you would have to contact Acer support.

• sueH

I'm going round in circles.  Tried Support and inputted my serial number to which came back the reply that it wasn't on their database! So of course I can't ask the question.  Don't fancy going through recovery again as this was done by the local computer shop.  Is there no one from Acer support that actually comes on here to answer queries?

• Leonid

Hi again, Are you in North America? If so, have you tried the chat option in Support? They have helped many people here.

http://acer.custhelp.com/app/chat/pre_chat_launch

• sueH

Nope I'm inthe UK. Perhaps we have one as well. I'll look on the site.  Thanks

• Leonid
  • sueH

UK live chat was absolutely useless.  They kept saying that I was out of warranty and could return the tablet for£46 otherwise to take it to a local technician.  All I want is to download Acer Crystal Eye again but the hoops to do so seem insurmountable.

• Leonid

Hello, I did a search for "crystal eye". It is in the Microsoft store for free.

http://apps.microsoft.com/windows/en-ca/app/acer-crystal-eye/88706e7f-61b9-4d5a-9aed-dd35509e2035

Hope that helps

• sueH

Thank you but I tried that as well and it wanted me to log into my microsoft account [which I never use on principle] and when I did that, it wanted to change the log in of my pc from my normal acer log in to microsoft log in and then to use the cloud to back up everything.  I don't want to use the cloud, I use google drive to upload what I do or don't want to keep.  I don't want stuff going automatically onto an ethereal drive!  So as I said no to that, I couldn't get any further with Windows store.  I give up.  Evidently this is not to be.

• Leonid

Since it is Windows, you can run other software. I am using Yawcam on my W3-810.

This discussion has been closed.