whats a good antivirus to download on my w4 tablet ?

Options
M7
M7 Member Posts: 6 New User

Hello guys, i would really appreciate it if you give me advice on a good antivirus to download on my tablet and i prefer it to be free. Thank you

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

I depends on if you are a particular fan of one or another. The built in anti-virus (Windows Defender) does a decent job and has the advantage of being free and a reasonably light load. There are any number of others though, most of which give you extras that aren't included in Defender.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • M7
    Options

I want an antivirus to support the antivirus built in ,since i had a problem with my tablet and it is said to be from a virus app or something. Anyways thank you so much.

• billsey
    Options

Any third party anti-virus will replace Windows Defender instead of suppliment. The anti-virus software tend to step on each others toes otherwise. Any of the big name packages will work well.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • M7
    Options

Well thank you i guess that i will stick to the Windows Defender.

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    Options

A good compliment to Defender is Microsoft's EMET. "The Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit (EMET) is a utility that helps prevent vulnerabilities in software from being successfully exploited." Essentially a behaviour blocker similar to the UAC (you do have the UAC turned on don't you ?).

• billsey
    Options

Just be aware that with EMET installed, if you have any unsigned drivers it's awfully easy to stop Windows from loading! [Took me a while to fix that the first time I saw it]