acer one 10 s1002 keyboard/Touchpad/HDD

Skyla
Skyla Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2016 Archives

My Acer One 10 S1002 suddenly not detected/removes and immediately detects/attaches without even touching or moving the keyboard from the tablet. The Keyboard, Touchpad, External Hard Drive suddenly deataches and does not work and after a second it will work again without even doing something else in the keyboard except to use it normally. I also noticed that when I plug in Flash Drive, USB Mouse then detached them it will not detect the dock after few seconds it will recognize it again.

Hope, Someone can help me in this.

Answers

• IGI
    IGI Member Posts: 5 New User

this seems like a common problem that acer is refusing to aknowledge.

I have the same problem i dont know how to solve it

• samashok143
    samashok143 Member Posts: 1 New User

I too have this same issue only from my last update from the ACER and I really need a solution immediately... 

• hgmartin9
    hgmartin9 Member Posts: 132 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

My suggestion is to clean the contacts with alcohol and also check for the latest BIOS update.

• CharmaineWho
    CharmaineWho Member Posts: 30 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

ACER is not addressing this properly. They keep suggesting to have it repaired. Have you solved it already? I've been suffering for months already. Posted a similar one in my account.

• amadeok
    amadeok Member Posts: 2 New User

Anyone fixed this? Same problem here

• utkarshthapak
    utkarshthapak Member Posts: 4 New User
    I posted a similar thread 3-4 days back. They replied after 2 days and asked me to update my BIOS which obviously did not happen. Below is the link:

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-Tablets-and-Convertibles/My-built-in-hdd-keyboard-keeps-connecting-and-disconnecting-from/td-p/452022

I reinstalled windows and the problem remains. I think I should have gone for HP or Dell they offer better customer support. This is a common problem with One 10 and Switch models.

What is the benifit of detachable keyboard when it does not work?

Acer should resolve it or they will loose their customer. Never buying Acer product.
  • amadeok
    amadeok Member Posts: 2 New User

Agree, i will definetely think twice before buying an acer product again.

• AMannibal
    AMannibal Member Posts: 16

Tinkerer

Hi guys,

I was also experiencing this problem. I have traced the cause of mine to a bad connector on the dock HDD. Physically Disconnecting the HDD from the dock stopped the KB and mouse disconnection problems. If you're unwilling to open the dock, maybe you can try disabling the HDD from the device manager? Not sure if that will work though.

I am experimenting on a simple physical fix so I can keep using the HDD right now. It's working for me so far.

I have some of the details on my post here http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-Tablets-and-Convertibles/Acer-One-10-S1002-Dock-Problems/m-p/454325#U454325

• Jose-Acer
    Jose-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,339 Community Administrator

Hello everyone,

This is not the experience we want our customers have with their products.  Unfortunately in this case if the contacts are clean and you have tried a factory reset already, it might be a hardware issue.  We recommend contacting your local Support Organization and they will inform you of the process on how to set up the unit for repair.

• CharmaineWho
    CharmaineWho Member Posts: 30 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

Well, you should have made a better product.

• TRietz17
    TRietz17 Member Posts: 1 New User

I'm experiencing the same issues. Sad, and unacceptable because I've only had it for just over a month or so, very minimal useage so far and only once as a tablet! So it's virtually brand new and if it's a hardware problem then that's ridiculous! This is a personal laptop used only by myself, an adult.

• dxnrep
    dxnrep Member Posts: 7 New User

My issues started avter the anniversary update 1607 for W10.  My drivers are wiped out with no sound or touch screeen being recognized.  The platform driver package will not load and allow me to replace the correct drivers, AND the device manager gives me no options since the corrupted hardware does not show.  It's a mess.  I have reinstalled W10 multiple times with no luck.  Any help is appreciated!  My S1002 JUST went out of warranty two weeks ago, so my support is gone too.

Thanks!!

• LLL
    LLL Member Posts: 1 New User

My 2-in-1 is less that 2 yrs old.  First problem was powering on.  Bought a new power cord and seemed to solve that.  Then Wifi disconnect started. Called Acer and was told how to disable driver signature enforcer, which solved the problem until next Windows update.  For the past 6 mos at least the keyboard and mouse were intermittently not recognized and the device manager flashes on and off when this happens.  For a while, if I pushed in on the power cord, I could solve the problem.  Once the keyboard connection was established, it would remain functional until I turned the computer off.  Now it will only boot when undocked from the keyboard but a portion of the screen is non-responsive to touch, so can't even use it as a tablet.  The keyboard and mouse are so rarely recognized now, that it is no longer usable as a laptop either.  In addition, if the tablet is docked after doing a shut down, the computer will turn itself on but won't boot and the tablet portion gets very hot.  Never dropped or abused this machine which, though inexpensive for a computer, is now a pricey doorstop.