acer crystal eye for my iconia w510

ednoel
ednoel Member Posts: 11 New User

can someone help me on my acer crystal eye for iconia w510? i reset my tablet/pc and all my pre installed apps are gone can someone help me for drivers? thank you in advance..

Answers

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder

Did you go to support.acer.com , enter you model number in the appropriate menu, download the 35.8MB driver package "Others" & run. One of the things loaded should be the camera driver.

If more techie you should be able to extract just the camera drivers.

• ednoel

i already download the driver but i dont know how to install it (sorry my bad) can you teach me how? and is it okay if i upgraded my tablet/pc in windows 10? will the driver will be ok on my upgraded tablet/pc? thank you so much..

• padgett

Driver alone ? Just go to device manager, select the camera, right click and select "update the driver". The "Browse my computer" & put the drive/directory you have the driver in to select it.

If it says "your current driver is newer" then you may need to uninstall/delete the current driver first.

• ednoel

device manager.PNGwhat.PNG

im sorry sir but can you help me to this?

• padgett

Yes, see my earlier post on DPTF.

• ednoel

sir can you give me a more specific answer? im sorry sir what i mean is an easy to get procedure coz im not good at this.. can you teach me a step by step procedure? thank you so much for the help.

• padgett

The post on DPTF was pretty explicit. If that is a problem maybe you should find a 15-year-old to help.

• ednoel

i already cleared the yellow mark on dpft.. thank you for that and now my  only problem is my acer crystal eye. can you help me to that?

Spoiler

• padgett

OK the camera uses the Intel 2200 driver that ends woth .34861. My W3 is working fine but my W510 only has the rear cam working -fails if I try to switch to the front. I need to troubleshoot this.

• ednoel

thank you that also happens to my camera and do i have the right version?for cam.PNG

• padgett

Mine is 6.2.9200.34861 7/10/2013. Rear camera only. Try to go to front cam and "Something went wrong" & camera app closes.

• padgett

OK. Noticed that I had an earlier version of Windows 10 so updated to current (10586 - took about 7 hours) and now showing Intel Imaging Signal Processor 6.2.9200.34861 under Imaging Devices, Camera Sensor OV2720 and Camera Sensor OV8830 with the same driver number under System Devices. Both cams are now working & can switch between them.

• ednoel

this happen to my camera when i used my  front camera. does acer know about this? do they dont have a solution to this? or what we would do about this. do you have a acer crystal eye app? can you give me one beacause acer dont have . they told me to use my recovery drive but thats not possible i dont know why or maybe because of my windows 10 upgrade.camera problem.PNG

• padgett

See my previous post. The 10586 update to Windows 10 fixed many things including this. The camera drivers are all Intel.

• ednoel

its funny that we have the same upgrade on that hardware but mine is not working well.

• ednoel

pagdet do you have a acer crystal eye?? can you help me to that thank you.. i alreaddy fix my camera ta only problem now was acer crystal eye app.. can you give me one?

• ednoel

aww it makes me sad thats my previous app but now it says its not compatible with my device. and i cant download it.

• padgett

I suspect it has been replaced by Camera.

• ednoel

so what should i do about this? how can i install again the acer crystal eye?