Iconia W500 with Windows 8/10 Stuck in boot recovery

Options
DoomerDGR8
DoomerDGR8 Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi!

My Acer Iconia is modified witha bigger mSSD. I didn't replicate the secret partition. Original mSSD is fried. I was able to access BIOS using the WinKey + Power but recently, the installed Windows (8, 10, or 8 upgrading to 10... I cannot rememeber) did something and the machine boot directly to this:

Stuck On Recovery Without BIOS

And stalls there. Nothing works. Now, i cannot dot he WinKey + Power to access the BIOS. The device doesn't load from and USB Sticks and/or USB DVD. I found the recovery Disks (somehow: Torrents) but they proved all uselss as they are not recovery disks at all as they are dependent on some stupid partition which is beyond all reasoning. Three Disks and all fail.

I need to understand why I'm not able to access the BIOS anymore? I have the Keyboard dock attached.

Thanks.

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

The partitions were your Recovery Partitions.  You can unplug the battery and replug it and probanly access the bios again, but what's the point? You have no where else to go after you do.Did the disks you have come with the Tab or did you download them. If they came with it, they should restore it.You may need to format the drive before the disks will work. You can also try a Win 7 install disk. You will need one anyway to format the drive.

• DoomerDGR8
    DoomerDGR8 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

Well, if I can acces the BIOS, I can make the Windows 10 load. That is what I have been doing for around 5 years now. I don't want the original recobvery or the original Windows 7. My issue is, I cannot access BIOS at all. It won't allow me. I can try the battery tip.