Aspire Switch 11 SW5-171-80KM Disappearing keyboard, USB port and 500GB HD

JFPL
JFPL Member Posts: 9 New User
edited March 2023 in 2015 Archives

Hi Forum,

I am in Europe and my American friend has bought me Aspire Switch 11 Core i5 128GB SSD + 500GB HD. This model is not sold here in Europe. 

Symptoms:  1. In tablet configuration works great.  2.  After physical keyboard connection system reports new HD (500GB) and everything works perfect for one to five minutes. 3. After 1 to 5 minutes keyboard stops working; also there is no access to HD500GB.  4. Momentary keyboard physical disconnect and reconnect repairs the problem, but only for described one to five minutes and system goes to state as described in point 3.

What is the problem?

Unfortunately US warranty is not honored in Europe Smiley Sad

I installed the newest BIOS and keyboard patch, but that did not help.

Answers

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator

Hi JFPL,

Sorry to hear that you're having troubles with the dock. A couple suggestions that I have would be to try resetting your power management incase something is shutting off at a certain point and not starting back up properly. The more intensive would be to recover the system completely. If you're still having issues, it sounds like there is a hardware issue that may need to be addressed. Unfortunately, the device would need to be serviced by a US or Canada repair center for the warranty to cover it.

Hope this helps,
    Cory

• JFPL
    JFPL Member Posts: 9 New User

Hi Cory,

Thanks for reply. Unfortunately the problem is still not recognized Smiley Sad

Tell me please if I should send to the North America repair center complete computer, or you only need a keyboard. The second possibility would me much comfortable for me.

Thanks,

George.