acer aspire e5-532g. no sound from built-in speakers

nasco
nasco Member Posts: 2 New User

as mentioned in the subject, the machine is acer aspire e5-532g, os: windows 8.1.

there is no sound from the built-in speakers. they are the default device, and are not muted. i have uninstalled and re-installed the driver several times, used the driver from the resource cd that goes with the notebook, downloaded it from the realtek website and from the acer website, and still no sound. however, if i connect an external speaker (a stereo cd player) it plays the sound.

the notebook is brand new, so obviously i had no time to break it Smiley Very Happy

any clue, fellows? been struggling with this for 3 days, read tons of forums and still cant figure out whats wrong

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Since the notebook is new I'd guess the speaker wire connector on the motherboard has come loose, or the wires were pinched during assembly. If you are new enoough, just swap it out with your vendor. If it's a little too late for that, contact Acer support and they'll repair it for you.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    Answer ✓

Since the notebook is new I'd guess the speaker wire connector on the motherboard has come loose, or the wires were pinched during assembly. If you are new enoough, just swap it out with your vendor. If it's a little too late for that, contact Acer support and they'll repair it for you.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • nasco
    nasco Member Posts: 2 New User

yup, that solved the issue.

I had requested additional 8 gb of ram and seems like when they placed it they didn't wire the speakers (located at the bottom ot the notebook - btw, it has fine sound despite the odd location).

thanks a lot, mate, u saved me 3 more days of wandering through the device manager Smiley Happy

• billsey

But Device Manager is fun! Smiley Happy Glad it got sorted...