Which windows 8 version in my acer E1-571

Options
sair
sair Member Posts: 2 New User

hi,

I want to revert to windows 8, as the windows 10 keeps deleting essential programs, and drivers each time it updates. 4 times, and that's enough!!!

my problem is I don't know which is the version of windows 8 i have on my oem license (home, entreprise, pro,etc.).

I need to clean install it, because windows 10 deleted all the acer files and everything they think might cause problems to win10.

is there any way to know that information?

thanks

Answers

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder
    Options

Hi Sair

Your E1-571 has Windows 8 Home as standard - unless you upgraded to Pro. Your licence key is embedded into the BIOS/UEFI so you should not need to use it, however if you still wish to try see here.

If you've only upgraded within 31 days, you can easily revert back to your old OS, see here otherwise make sure you've backed up everything you need to & reinstall from your recovery partition.

You will also need to update to 8.1 (+ the 8.1 update Smiley Tongue) as I'm sure your model only had the 8.0 version installed.

Good luck, and let us know how you get on!

• sair
    sair Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Thanks,

But I solved the problem, I coudn't revert it back, more than 1 month has gone.

So I downloaded the windows 8.1 from the microsoft page, and installed it. Since the license is embeded in the board or whatever, after installing it, it just accepted the license.

So it was actually quite simple, and I was preparing for a whole bunch of work!.

Thanks anyway.

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder
    Options
    You're welcome. Glad you're fixed!