File: C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\kbdhid.sys
File: C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\kbdclass.sys

Thank You

Best Answer

• noknojon
    noknojon Member Posts: 8 New User
    Answer ✓
    Options

It seems that there is only one "built in" solution for this. (not he best, but all there is).

Hold down the CapsLock button for up to 10 seconds, then hit Agree or Apply, and it applies a single Beep (High tone for on, and Low tone for off) - Not that good, as the TV overrides it, but all I cal find ........

I hoped the "glass panel" may have a L.E.D. show but Acer is going backwards it seems, these days ....

As this model came with no speakers (or on the screen) I needed to purchase speakers as it was.

But I must get the points / kudos for this one.

Regards -

Answers

• noknojon
    Options

(51 Views) I know some are just lookers, and Google/Facebook etc are most likely included.

I can supply more information if required.

A full current Speccy link can be provided if needed.

The Acer branded wireless keyboard is only about 6 moths old, but this was about the last problem I had.

Regards -

• noknojon
    Options

Hello -

After being posted for about 7 hours there has not been one reply.

Is there a forum, or other location where I may get a rreply to this question.

If no area is known, I will post it as an open question at Toms Hardware Forum.

Thank You -

• noknojon
    Options

Hello again, and this is only to "bump" my question.

Has this question been asked in the wrong area of the forum, as I will re-ask if you would show me the correct area.

I posted it here as it seemed to cover accessories, which a keyboard is.

Would somebody please reply, even if they link me to a better area to post this question...

I have waited 24 hours for any reply, and there is nothing for me yet.

Thank You.

P.S. I do not mean to look "pushy", but I thought that 24 hours was a decent wait -

Thanks.

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    Options

I'm sure someone will give you some thoughts.

Does the caps lock work?  Is it just a matter of the light not coming on?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • noknojon
    Options

Hello and thank you.

Yes the CapsLock works (see below) and is annoying me..

Often I will start a reply them I HIT CAPSLOCK instead of Shift, AND NEED TO RE WITE THIS -

I will follow your M/soft article, and hope there is a good idea in there -

Regards -

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    Options
    Yes, I understand the problem. The same thing happens to me all the time. And I have a caps lock light. Unfortunately that caps lock light doesn't prevent me from accidentally hitting the lock button. But sometimes I can catch the light come on out of the corner of my eye.

I'll bet if you google, you'll be able to find a way to disable the caps lock button. Most people rarely use caps lock anyway. UNLESS YOU'RE SHOUTING! Smiley Wink

If you ever have a project where you NEED caps lock, it will probably only take 5 seconds to re-enable it.

More than likely your caps lock light is missing to save the battery life.

GOOD LUCK!
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • noknojon
    Options
    >> More than likely your caps lock light is missing to save the battery life. <<
    This reply is more confusing, as how would I know it was missing ? ?

There is no "pin-hole" in the key to show a light, but there is a "glass panel" beside the Delete key, and above the Numbers panel at the top right side that looks like it should have L.E.D. lights showing .....

There is also nothing (except the switch under the keyboard) to show if it is On or Off .....

These may be Power Saving options, but there is nowhere to activate them (that I can find)

Thank you for your ideas so far, but they do not actually help. It is like saying "if you do not drive your car, you will save on fuel". - I wish to Drive my car -

My problem is not "solved" or it has not been looked at by somebody who knows anything about the problem -

I must keep returning to find a solution, or post to several other areas to hope to get a reply.

More details like a Speccy snapshot or other details can be included
    http://speccy.piriform.com/results/6QXBHwZNyWld4nT3d4gp2RM

Regards -
    HID Keyboard Device
    Device Kind: Keyboard
    Device Name: HID Keyboard Device
    Vendor: Lite-On Technology Corp
    Driver Date: 6-21-2006
    Version: 6.3.9600.17480
    File: C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\kbdhid.sys
    File: C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\kbdclass.sys
  • noknojon
    Options

T

• noknojon
    Answer ✓
    Options

It seems that there is only one "built in" solution for this. (not he best, but all there is).

Hold down the CapsLock button for up to 10 seconds, then hit Agree or Apply, and it applies a single Beep (High tone for on, and Low tone for off) - Not that good, as the TV overrides it, but all I cal find ........

I hoped the "glass panel" may have a L.E.D. show but Acer is going backwards it seems, these days ....

As this model came with no speakers (or on the screen) I needed to purchase speakers as it was.

But I must get the points / kudos for this one.

Regards -