Issues with Acer Recovery Discs

Options
mcguirknba
mcguirknba Member Posts: 5 New User

Hello everybody,

My windows 8  stopped working last weekend. Whenever I turnd on my PC it would just keep spining in the screen where it says "Acer explore beyond limits".

I tried to start the Acer erecovery but it would just be stuck in the "Please Wait" screen".

I downloaded the Ubuntu DVD and booted from that, which let me access my data and back it up. I then purchased the Recovery DVD's from the Acer website and followed the instructions. I kept pressing F12 which then let me either boot from the harddrive or the DVD drive. When I choose the DVD drive, in which I have the system disc just like the instructions tell me, it is again stuck for about 10 - 15min in the "Acer explore beyond limits" screen with the spinning round thing on the buttom. After a while the screen just turns black.

Is there anything wrong the DVDs Acer sent me? I am able to boot with a Ubuntu DVD so my hard drive and computer should be fine. Should I use Dariks boot n nuke to clean my hard drive and then try the sytem disc again?

Any help yould be appreciated!

Thanks!

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,740 Trailblazer
    Options

I don't know which model you have, but sometimes external DVD drives don't have enough power to read the disks, but do have enough power to 'see' the disks. If you are on a desktop with an internal drive that wouldn't be it, of course.

Can you boot into safe mode or the BIOS? it might be a matter of repairing the boot rather than a full reinstall.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • mcguirknba
    mcguirknba Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options

The model I have is V3 771g 6814. I can get into the BIOS but I cant start it in safe mode. Alt f10 doesnt work either.

I am cleaning the hard drive now using dban.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,740 Trailblazer
    Options

If the issue with the restore disks was related to what was already on the drive that should do it! Smiley Happy

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.