Installing Latest(based from intel drivers) driver for my aspire e1-470 with intel hd graphics 4000

crusaderz26
crusaderz26 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

Hi! I have an aspire E1-470 with 64bit windows 8. I was wondering if it's possible to install the latest generic graphics driver for my intel hd graphics 4000. Tried to do it before but i couldn't because it prompts me about something like the driver for my graphics card is customized by acer and that i should contact it to get the lastest driver. The driver posted on the intel website is newer than the one i can get from acer. 

Thanks a bunch!

Answers

• GuruAid-CS
    GuruAid-CS Member Posts: 467 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

It is recommended to download the latest graphics drivers for your system. You can do this by following the steps below:
    1. Go to http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers
    2. Type Aspire E1-470 in the box below "Search by Product Model" and click "Search".
    3. Click on your model number from the list that comes up.
    4. Once the details about your model are displayed, select your current operating system appropriately from the drop-down menu besides "Operating System".
    5. Now, click on Driver tab and locate suitable VGA driver. In your case, you need to download VGA driver for Intel. Once you have located the driver, click Download in the same row and follow on-screen instructions to download the driver in your computer.
    6. Follow on-screen instructions to install the latest driver.

Hope this will help you.