I use aspire E1-510 with Win 8.1 and Win 7. My screen brightness control is not working. Any help?

Options
Aruwhyte
Aruwhyte Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

I use aspire E1-510 with Win 8.1 and Win 7. My screen brightness control is not working. Any help?

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options

Are you able to use function keys to adjust other functions like adjust volume?

You may check by re-installing the launch manager application.

In windows 8, you can adjust the brightness on your computer through the Settings Charm in Windows 8.

Use the following steps to adjust your computer’s brightness in Windows 8:

Press the Windows key + C, or swipe in from the right edge of the screen to open your Charms.
    Select Settings.
    Click or tap Brightness, then slide the bar up or down to adjust your brightness.

Click the Kudos kudos-thumbs-up.png to say “Thanks” for helping! select "Accept Solution" if your issue is resovled.

• Aruwhyte

Tinkerer

Options

My function keys work. I've tried the steps you recommended for windows 8.1 it didn't work. Right now in windows 7, the tab for brightness control is not there even after running windows update

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options

Please let me know the name of the display adapter liasted in device manager.

You may also check the driver version both ib windows and windows 8.1

You may also  right click on the display adapter name and uninstall it.

The click on Action > scan for hardware changes.

Click the Kudos kudos-thumbs-up.png to say “Thanks” for helping! select "Accept Solution" if your issue is resovled.

• Aruwhyte

Tinkerer

Options

the name of the display adapter is STANDARD VGA GRAPHICS ADAPTER